So...Hi. It's me. Remember me?? Been awhile. Loooots of changes happened while I was out. I was diagnosed with depression, Al and I have had our ups, and Way downs, but the biggest being that Henry moved, I started working with a new family, they turned out to be a bunch of crazies, and so I quit my job!! Now, it's not really as cut and dried as that. But that's the short version. You can skip ahead if that's all you're interested. if not...
So, I worked with L from January to mid-March. His Mom was Crazy!! I couldn't work if I was sick, my kids were sick, anyone in my neighbourhood was sick, or hadn't washed my hands in the past 5 seconds. OKay...so maybe that's kinda pushing it...but not far, trust me! I wasn't getting enough hours to survive. Seriously, I made $950 in January, and my bills equalled $960 with gas and daycare!! I was stressed to the max, and as much as I was falling in love with L...I needed to get out of there.
I had shared my frustrations with my daycare provider. She told me I should try daycare!! I had thought about it, but didn't really know where to start, or if I would like it. Well!! 2 weeks later she called me and said she needed to take a stress-related leave of absence, and would I take over her daycare kids for awhile!? OMG!! I jumped on it. I quit with L on Thursday, and started Daycare in my home on Friday!! Insane!!
So, that's what I've been doing for the past month and a half. I'm really liking it. I see sooo many positive changes in Mason!! I'm not getting more housework done like I thought I would, but I'm playing more, and laughing more, and relaxing more :)
I'm not sure what';s going on with my daycare provider. No one does., Even the Mom's who have asked her don't get a straight answer on if she's coming back to daycare or not. And as far as I know...at least 2 of the Mom's are leaning towards keeping me. (Yay!) I have a 1 year old starting in September, who lives 2 doors down the street! And one of my Mom's has given my number to a friend of hers! So, even if I lose kids back to Laura...I'm gonna be okay. :)
Al and I are working through our troubles. And I think we're making ground. We still have a long way to go. I start counselling in a couple weeks, and I think Al will as well shortly after. I'm happy with that.
Jenna is doing great in school. She's not doing great with Going to school though!! Since I'm home now, she really wants to stay home with me too. So, we've had a few mornings where she's faked sick, and then I sent her to school at the last minute with a neighbour. We promised to get her ears peirced at the end of the year if this nonsense stops...so hopefully we're onto something there.
Aidan is tettering between angel and devil. There are times I want to pull out my hair because he's just being so awful...and times when I couldn't be any more proud of how awesome he is! He's soo smart! Reading already, and he's only 4!! Way ahead of Jenna in that respect. I talked to his teacher the other day about his behaviour at school, and asked if she thought it could be because he's bored, she said no, so hopefully I can take her word for it, and it's just a stage he's going through there.
Mason is still my quirky one. Still doesn't eat much variety, still has many speech delays (And his awful mother still hasn't sent in the forms to have his assessment done! UGH!!) We found out a little while ago that he has some hearing loss. So that was kinda shocking. We have an appointment with an ENT in June to see about fluid in his ears, and possibly getting tubes for him. But that's still such a long way off. Good news is that he's finally sleeping through the night!!! He's still an early riser, but at least it's not 1AM kinda early anymore :)
Al is training to enter a body building competition in October!! I am so insanely proud of him for that!! He's lost sooo much weight!! I see the muscle coming through more every week. He's wanted to do this since high school...so I'm glad he's really taking all the right steps towards this goal :) He really needs a sponsor though...so if you know of any rich uncles out there :)
So yeah, I guess that's about it. I've missed blogging lately. And all my lovely friends in the blogging world. I've been reading though!! And I'm sure the comments will be flowing soon :)
Lisa
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Ch Ch Ch Changes!!
Posted by MamaTink at 9:51 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! A new post. :) Welcome back Lisa!!
I had to start a behavior chart with Zachary. It's worked wonders. His prizes are $1 items I find in stores. He loves it!
Anyway, good to see the details of your job. I hope it continues to go well for you!!
Hey Lisa! By complete chance I decided to check your blog for the first time in months today... and here's a brand new post! Glad to see things are turning out so well for you. I owe you an email! I definitely want to hear more about the day care and everything else. Maybe I'll send you a note on FB. :) Glad to see you back!
Post a Comment