CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And a happy New Year too!

I've never been one to make a new years resolution. I always disappointed myself within the first two weeks of January, and failed to see the point of that after awhile.

I've changed my mind for 2009. I have goals. I have areas of my life that I am not at all happy with, and I am in the right frame of mind to set forth and make the changes I need to make to get me back to a happier place.

These things are:

1. getting back to a healthier weight. I've let myself eat like crap lately, and I can feel it really effecting me. I don't like it. I also don't like how I look in my clothes, and that's important to me. So, a new year, a new weight loss journey. I might start a new blog to keep a food journal on, or I might do it on here...not sure yet :) Either way, I need to be accountable for what goes into my mouth, and subsequently onto my ass and tummy and thighs... and I think I'll let the internet help me with that :) My Ultimate goal would be to get down to 130 pounds. I'll be satisfied with 135-140. I'm currently 157. Blah.

2. I'm going to put some serious work into some of my friendships. And do my best to put some distance between K and I. I talked to Al about this, and I think that he and I need some Couples friends. We know a couple of couples, and I think I'd like to build on those relationships.

3. I need a vacation. One where we maybe even leave the province!! Imagine that :) I don't really know where, but we'll figure it out :) I'd like to explore more of Canada, so I'm thinking a road trip to PEI, or Nova Scotia. We've never taken a family vacation that didn't involve camping. Although...I would love to take my family camping at Neys Provincial Park. It's so beautiful up there. The most beautiful camping ever.

I think that's a good start. Here's to hoping I can focus my life in those directions and make it happen. To make myself happier.

1 comments:

Julie Q said...

Happy New Year to you! Good luck with your goals, they sound like good ones. :)

We went all the way to Mount Rushmore and camped. In a camping cabin, but it was so much fun! :)