CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The one in which Lisa calms the heck down!!

I'm cool guys :)



Al finally got a clue, and has kicked in full gear to help me with Mason. He's putting him to bed at night, and not letting him out of his room again until Morning...just as it should have been all this time!! He's even gotten out of bed at night when Mason gets up!! Amazing :)



Nap time in the afternoon is really hard for me...but I know it will get easier. I've asked my babysitter to keep him up in the morning, since she was letting him fall asleep whenever he felt like it(not cool...I prefer a schedule for my kids) So, now I get him home by 1 and get him to bed asap. yesterday was brutal. He cried and screamed and kicked the door and knocked on the door with his sweet little fist (hear that? yeah, it was my heart breaking)...and eventually I caved and sat in the rocking chair beside his bed for about 2 minutes, when he finally fell asleep. It took about 45 minutes though :( I'm sooo glad my tenant was home, because he was able to stay here while I went to get the kids from school. Today was better. He only tried to leave his room once...but unfortunately, he pooped, so I had to go in to change him. I sat in the chair again for a minute and he fell asleep right away. My friend was here to stay with him while I went to the school today...I don't know what I'll do tomorrow...I HATE to wake him up, since it seems like Helen (Bless you, I love you) was right, and he Does need More sleep. I guess on the days I have to wake him up to do the school run I'll put him to bed earlier. Hopefully that works.



I've also been better about his bedtime snacks Jennifer!! I don't usually give too many sweets...but he's sooooo picky!!!! It's frustrating!! Luckily, his favourite is popcorn, and that seems to work the best for a bedtime snack. Me and Orville are likethis :)



I'm feeling so much better with the sleep I'm getting. Apparently, I didn't need to clean my glasses to get the fog to clear from my vision, I just needed to sleep!!!!



I'm also FINALLY doing something for ME. I'm walking. Like a maniac :) I'm borrowing my neighbours dog a few nights a week and walking him all around Barrie. I power walked about 5Km last night!!! And I mean, I really booted it for almost the entire time!! It took me 45 minutes...but I felt Great when I was done!! Poor dog though...I wonder if I'll have to carry him home some nights :) He's not used to all this exercise either :) But he did better last night. I'm not far from my goal weight, but unfortunately, after 3 c-sections, and 2 breastfed babies...I am in need of some Serious toning!! So I'm hoping that the walking will do that for me :) Plus it's really nice to get out alone, be with my thoughts for awhile, work out some frustrations :) I really needed this :)

So, I haven't lost my mind. Thankfully, because I'm kinda partial to it :)

Thanks for your Support!!!! Big Hugs!!
~Lisa~

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Good for you walking! I just don't feel safe walking here. I wish I did. I would enjoy the quiet thinking time myself. As if I don't get enough now though!

I'm glad you have found your mind, for I need a little advice. If you don't mind that is. I emailed you. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are on the right track Lisa!

Sleep is a wonderful thing, and I know I lose my mind when I don't get my rest. My family would rather ship me off to the lowest bidder on eBay when I'm overtired & crabby than deal with me.

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

The other me said...

I am SO glad you are getting somewhere with the sleeping, I just hate not getting enough sleep! ( she says at 2am!!) I know it just sounds so weird to make them get MORE sleep but it just does work. H and I are like nazis with the sleeping! Seth in particular is horrible to be around if he doesn't get his 12 hours at night! Hope it really starts to work very soon.