So, see that wee little time stamp down there? the one that starts with a 5, and ends with AM?? Right. That's because I'm writing this in the middle of the damn night!! With half the damn light in the house on, and Dora playing on the TV. WHY? you ask!? That's crazy talk you say!? Why yes, yes it is. But I am at the end of my damn wits. That's all there is to it. I've been up since 3 with Mason. Again.
Sunday night, I had the flu. Up half the night praying to the porcelain gods to take me away. Monday night, Mason gets the flu, up half the night trying to soothe his fever and tummy. Tuesday night, Mason has a night terror, up half the night trying to get him back to sleep. Wednesday night Mason has nightmares half the damn night, up trying to soothe him back to sleep. Thursday night, Mason just doesn't FEEL like fucking sleeping anymore, and would far rather drive me batshit crazy. Every night he wakes up, and begs for a drink...and so ask me, how many juice cups I can find now!? OH! That's right. ZERO! None. Not one. The closest I can find is a rubbermaid juice box...those are Not spill proof. I'm sitting in apple juice. I can't even find a damn cup!!! And my damn house is pretty damn clean!!
Mason is 2 years and 36 days old today. Which equals about 766 days. And do you know how many of those 766 Nights I have slept through??? About 14. Yeah...2 fucking weeks out of 2 fucking years.
i don't know what else to try. He has a regular bedtime routine, at roughly the same time each night. He gets a snack and a drink before bed. He still can't make it through the day without a nap...but I'm wondering if I should try keeping him awake all day??? I tried to give him a Melatonin when he woke up at 11:30 tonight(The first time he woke up.) He would have NO part of it. And I'm quite sure that if I try to hide it in something like a spoonful of peanut butter, that he'll just spit it out. If I let him just cry it out(which he wouldn't, he'd Scream bloody murder) he'll make himself sick...trust me, I've tried. I think I'll go to the health food store tonight to see about getting liquid Melatonin. I can just add that to his juice if I ever find his damn cups again.
hmm...I completely caved and gave him some Gravol about 30 minutes ago...and he seems to be drifting off...but now it's almost 5AM, and Al's going to be up any minute, stomping around the kitchen. So, while Mason may be able to sleep through that with the help of the Gravol...I'm stuck watching Dora, listening to Al swear at the things he drops, and throw things into his cooler for his lunch.
I don't know. I just don't know what to think or where to go from here. Mason's such a Mommy's boy...I'm afraid to take him to someone else's house for a weekend and say here...you do it for a couple nights while I get my shit together. Because that hardly seems fair. He just screams even louder if Al tries to do anything for him...because for 2 years it has Always been me to get up with him. But if I don't find an answer soon, I'm not going to be able to function at a level I need to. Especially at work, where I kinda of need to keep my shit together in order to prevent H from getting ahead of the game with me.
Okay, I'm starting to get a headache. because why wouldn't I right?! top it all off like a cherry and whipcream. I guess I'd better take off these whiney pants and get on with the day. I'd like to say sorry for the whining, but hey, my blog, my right to whine if I want to.
lisa
Friday, September 28, 2007
The one in which Lisa looses her damn mind.
Posted by MamaTink at 4:38 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Lisa, you know I feel your pain!
Do they show Cedar Point commercials there? On Nick Jr here, they do and they scare the crap out of Zachary. He's always had a hard time this time of year. And it's starting again! The decorations in windows, displays in stores, etc.
I used to crush Amanda's dramamine in apple sauce. She'd eat it right up.
Have you tried giving him no sugar before bed, just protein stuff like cheese or ORGANIC peanut butter(because the othe rstuff has added sugars)? MY brohter used to get really bad night terrors and that was one thing the doctor suggested that worked. The drop in blood suar levels that happens after you eat sugary stuff can cause night terrors.
I'll be thinking of you! It so hard when they won't sleep and all you want to do is sleep!
Sounds whacky I know but it sounds like he needs more sleep rather than cutting out hi snap. Seth was being a bugger, staying up later, getting up earlier, waking in the night...we put him to bed 30 minutes earlier ( 7.30) he is like a dream again. Same with Eli, we started putting him to bed at 8 and he was terrible, unsettled and getting up SO early I thought we'd go crazy, put him down at 7.30 ( and he still has a 3 hour nap every afternoon!) and he stays asleep til 6.30-7am. Might be worth a try, put him down earlier and see if that helps.
I can cope with almost anything as long as they sleep at night, I HATE tired kids!!
Post a Comment