CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Not Typical.

I have a cold. A wicked, raging head cold. I woke up at 2 this morning, feeling like my throat was attacked by an army of razor blades, and couldn't get back to sleep for the coughing and wheezing. So came downstairs, had a freezie, had another freezie, had a bowl of ice cream (which finally gave me some relief, and read for over an hour before I was finally able to fall asleep again. and now...duuuuuuude. I feel like I'm dying. Which isn't much of an option when you have 3 kids AND do daycare. **Note to self, find another mom to unload kids on for days like this LOL**

So, the point of this all is to admit that I am not at all a typical woman when I get sick. I would love to join the mothers that complain that their husband's world stands still when they get sick, but when Mom gets sick?? oh no, the world keeps spinning, and they drag their swollen throbbing sinuses around the house keeping peace and order no matter the expense to their health and well being. That they risked tearing incisions after major surgeries to make sure lunches were lovingly packed and tied with pretty ribbons. That they just threw a wee band aid on and took the garbage out one piece at a time to make sure it got to the curb in time, no matter that they lost sleep over the fact. nope. That is SO not me.

I turn into a big whiny priss. I don't want to do a damn thing. The dishes pile up. The laundry piles up. The children's faces are only washed half heartedly, if at all. I wear old clothes, and my hair is a disaster. And I don't give a hoot. I just want to curl up with a good, cheesy book, a giant feather duvet, and a box of Kleenex (or actually Puffs with lotion...could you go get me some from the store, k thanks.). And so help me God, do NOT ask me to move until I am well again. But feel free to bring me soup, and tea, and chocolate, and anything else you think I might want :)

I am such a man when I am sick. And I like it.

Going back to my blanket, and children's stories for the kids now.

3 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Awww :( I'd baby you if I was there!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad to hear I'm not the only girl who acts like this when she's sick! I'm such a big baby when I'm sick. I just want my mommy!!

Julie Q said...

Sorry to hear you are sick Lisa. I'd take the kids for you! :) It's a bit of a drive though.