So, Mason's surgery is done and over with. He's doing FANTASTIC! I can't believe the change in him!! Little speech improvements here and there, but those are minor so far. He's using S's consistently now. Instead of "I'm Matin!" he says "I'm Mason!" It's weird to hear it now.. but so lovely :) The Biggest change is in HIM, and a little person. He's playing. I know, that seems like a bizarre statement, but it's true. He's engaging the other kids, he's playing with different toys than he's ever been interested in before, he's happy, he's leading and following with his play. It's so incredible.. I never would have thought I'd see a change like that!! The jury is still out on whether I'm ready to take him shopping again, but we'll see :)
Mason has an ADOS assessment on May 14th. I'm thisclose to cancelling it, but there are certain people who have faces that I need to wave papers in front of, proving that my son does not have Autism. That will be a happy happy day :) unfortunately though, I'm also thisclose to asking for a Sensory integration Disorder test of some sort :P Oh well :)
I'm doing good.. still liking my job. But a friend of mine has put a little bug in my ear, and I'm seriously considering pursuing some sort of baking venture. In that, early thinking stage of serious consideration kind of way :) I'll need to get a part time job. Which means a weekend job for a little while, and that will suck ass, but it's a small step in the right direction to something I've dreamed of forever. Did you know the government will GIVE you money. They really will!! And I'm gonna get my hands on some of it and change the world, one cupcake at a time LOL!! What do you think of Sugar Mama's Cakes and Bakes??
We had a good March Break. Fairly quiet and easy going. Man was it ever nice to stay in my comfy clothes for a few extra hours a day!! I could have gotten used to that in a hurry :)
Al had a birthday yesterday. We had a few friends over for dinner on Saturday. Made steaks, and had a baked potato bar. It was AWESOME!! the vodka helped that too. Just sayin'. :P I made a traditional Black Forest cake. It was (toot toot) SO good!! Complete with the booze in the cake!! :) And my own special recipe for the icing, to make it more than just whipped cream :) Mmm.. and i wonder why I can't lose weight! LOL
Yeah, so boring old me.. that's about it :)
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Back to business!!
Posted by MamaTink at 4:08 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You know I'll be one of your customers! I love your cakes! and HOORAY for Mason.
You feel like a shopping trip anytime soon? I feel like spending some of G's money LOL
LMAO! What are you up to on Sunday?? Al has to go to Markville Mall to take the first part of his PT exam. I KNOW!!! How Convenient!??
I don't know what time though, I'll get back to you :)
WOOHOO.. works for me! Just tell me when :)
That cake looks so good! :) I'd really love to taste it!
You are willing to try anything, so I'd say go for it! :) You have an amazing talent for figuring out really different ideas of cakes Lisa.
Woo hoo on Mason! :)
Hey Julie! Al is pretty sure that his exam is at 2:00. If that's wrong, I'll let you know.
So, we can meet, and shop, and let the kids play (God how i love that!!) and then Al and I were thinking we can invade for dinner?? We'll pick something up on the way, so no worries!! I hate inviting myself!! LOL
I Am so happy to "hear" that Mason is improving! That is one of those heart smiling moments. That cake looks SSSOOOOO yummy! I am so drooling on my puter!
I tagged you on my blog. Check it out. Nothing embarrassing, I promise.
Don't be silly of course you'll stay for dinner!!!! We'll get some kind of take out or delivery or hit Costco and grab one of those giant ceasars and a couple of BBQ Chickens. We'll figure something out I'm SURE...
Oh YAY! (my only sadness is that the play place closed so we're stuck with the kids while we shop :((( )
Don't be silly of course you'll stay for dinner!!!! We'll get some kind of take out or delivery or hit Costco and grab one of those giant ceasars and a couple of BBQ Chickens. We'll figure something out I'm SURE...
Oh YAY! (my only sadness is that the play place closed so we're stuck with the kids while we shop :((( )
Post a Comment