CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 11, 2006

ACK! I am sooo freaking out.

My landlord has been here for a week. Stupid Stinky Stan moved out. His apartment was Trashed!!! Literally. So much more grossness than the internet is allowed to endure.

So, the landlord comes by. Says he's going to do some cleaning. And is also going to paint around our windows(Yay!) Next thing I know, they're patching and painting the apartment downstairs. After that, they're ripping up the carpet and underlay. Talking about new windows. Trimming trees, whacking weeds.

And then, my landlord and his wife are knocking on my door. They are selling the house.

SELLING...THE...HOUSE!!

DUDE!!

They want to sell the house to US!!! ME!! And AL!! OH...MY...FREAKING GOODNESS!! oh My HELL!!

How!? I mean, How!?

And When!? (Hint:I still don't know)

And HOW?!

Our savings consists of about $3.27 in change in a can on the counter. We are not that great with money(I am literally in much pain from admitting that out loud).

I WANT the house. But I am afraid of it. I want to join that millions of people who can check off OWN on surveys asking about their home ownership. I want to complain about my mortgage. But I am so afraid. Afraid of the responsibility. Afraid of the what-ifs. Afraid of the largeness of it all.

And then there's the flip side. If we don't get the house, we're homeless. HOME-LESS. We have Very affordable rent. Rent that we will Never duplicate in a million years for 4 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, laundry, parking, utilities and a garage.

DUDE! I am so freaking out.

I don't know the next step!! Who do I call? What do I say to convince whoever it is that I call that we are good people, who LOVE the house, and will work really hard to make it lovely, and will be able to make the payments, because, hello? there's an apartment! That we will rent! That will help pay back all the money we need you to lend us! And we have Jobs! That give us some money. That we can give some of to pay back all the money we need to buy this house which we want to make so lovely!

Crap.

~Lisa~

8 comments:

Julie Q said...

If you want it, try to get it Lisa. We are not good at saving money either. And we should try to because of Ken's job! Bad us!

Anyway, you could try lendingtree.com and see what sort of offers you get. Or ask if the owners would consider consider a land contract? Maybe they just want out? And would be willing to do that?

Good luck! We only have a mobile home (that we are paying on), but it is ours. Like you said, it is nice to mark owned part for your home.

I'm guessing that the mess left by Stupid Stinky Stan has made them want to move on.

The other me said...

hey we have about the same in savings..mine is all in pennies in a glass bowl. I had tis very thought this morning. I imagined my landlady telling me she was selling this house MY HOME! ARGH!! But to be able to buy it??? Can you?? You should!! Don't be scared if you can..DO IT!! WHOOHOOOOO!

Julie Q said...

I had to check for you, it is http://www.lendingtree.ca/ for Canada I believe. :)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG.. it's like a dream and a nightmare all at once!

Fingers crossed for ya babe!

Love ya! Good things are coming!

Hugs

Julie

Heather said...

God bless you and Al. I'll be praying for you. Think positive..if there is a will there is a way!
Love ya!

P.S. - yes Gord can indeed be an "arse" ;) But then again, can't we all? See you next week.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

thinking of you.. let us know how Al's doing and if there is ANYTHING you need!

Love ya!

Hugs

Julie

Julie Q said...

Me too! I don't think I can do anything for you, but keeping you in my thoughts Lisa! :)

Jenn said...

Ooooh How exciting!!!
I kinda wondered why I hadn't seen you around much online, and now I see you must be incredibly busy - joining the ranks of homeownership I hope!
Really praying that this works out well for you an Al!
I know it's scary - but usually the good things in life are a little bit scary, and totally worth it in the end!
((((hugs)))))
jenn