The Good:
We've had some good days lately. Saturday was fun...eventually. We went to 'the city' (Toronto) to look at cars for Al. He has a Pontiac Pursuit through his work, but it's just not big enough for all of us to fit in, and with gas prices what they are, it's too expensive to take my van (A Safari) travelling. So, he's looking at a Malibu. Why we traded in our old Malibu, I'll never know :( Anyway, after that we met up with Al's sister Heather. And had a Great time!! Normally I dread visits with them, as her husband is such an arse sometimes. But it was great this time :) We went to Swiss Chalet for dinner and had the Slowest waitress known to man. Al had heather and I in Tears from laughing by the time we were ready to order dessert! She forgot to ask us, and then everytime she walked near, Al would gesture with the dessert menu, and say "Cheesecake!". This went on for about 5 minutes until she finally turned and said "Oh! Did someone want cheesecake?" I damn near lost it for good. I couldn't even see I was laughing and crying so hard! Good times :)
We bought my brother a car seat for his baby. Damion's been riding around in his infant seat for about a month too long now. My brother kept saying they could get him one in July...and it just kept on not happening. So, I talked to Al, and we agreed that we couldn't have it on our conscience any longer to have him riding like that. Off to Wal-Mart we went. Lucky for us there was one on sale for $79!! My Mom offered to pay for half, but we declined, and told her to apply it to the money we had to borrow from them last year. It's so nice to be comfortable enough to be able to do that! And i feel sooo much better knowing Damion is safe again. Man, am I annoyed with my brother though!! ugh. Oh well.
The Bad:
I am so friggin hot. Like, can't breathe, don't come near me/touch me/look at me hot.
My periods have been Awful this month and last :( So very painful, and way heavier tahn I have Ever experienced. I'm thinking of talking to my doctor to see if going on the pill will help any of that, but haven't quite decided yet. I hate taking the pill.
Also under the bad...I bought new bras last week. I think they are too big. They're only 36B! Oh yes people. I think I may need an A Cup!! Sooo annoyed!!!!!!!!! This time last year, I was a 38C-D!!! I have nothing left! When I lay on my back, my ribs stick up higher than my boob! It's awful! Of course, in defence of my body, Jenna(My 9lb-er!) camped out under my ribs for a good part of my pregnancy, so they really stretched and spread in order to accomodate her...and then 2 babies after that, they just gave up :) But still!! Did my boobs have to give up on me!?
The Ugly:
I had an Awful day with Henry today. I was feeling pretty rough, headache, nausea, blah. I guess he could sense it. He was really aggressive. And I broke down. I couldn't do it anymore, so I carried him to his room, and then went in the bathroom for a cry. I hate crying. I hate it even more in front of other people. I get all read and spotchy. bah. I thought I had myself calmed down, and went back downstairs to pack up my stuff. Jenny looked at me and asked what was wrong, and of course, I lost it again. I'm so embarrassed. I just couldn't get through to Henry today. No reinforcer or consequence would make him work again. And he hates being touched, so that doesn't help at times like this, when the rule is to do a physical prompt. Where I take his hand and perform the task with him. Every time I did that, he lost it. I don't know what to do...and I hate that. I felt sooo unqualified to be there today. So lost.
So that's that. Tomorrow is another day. Here's hoping for a good one.
~Lisa~
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!
Posted by MamaTink at 3:18 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So sorry for the bad day Lisa. I hope tomorrow is better for you.
I hope you can find a new car you like. :) We haven't always been able to buy the one we like, but had to get one they had or one we could afford. And we once traded in a car we regretted very much. We had a Pontiac Bonneville and we foolishly traded it in when we bought our car.
Anyway, good luck tomorrow. Perhaps Henry is just grumpy and not cooperating? My own boy hasn't been sleeping well with the sun out so late and up so early. He makes me feel unqualified to be his Mommy some days.
I'm glad the good was good :) I'm glad that bad wasn't worse and as for the ugly.. crying only means that you CARE about Henry.. there is NO shame in that!
Hugs
Julie
The Good.. Gunther started working on your laptop
The Better .. he got it to boot up
THE FREAKING AWESUM MAN .. we were able to access and save some of your photos!!!
Not sure what was lost since we didn't know what was on it to begin with but we definitely will manage to save something for ya!!!
HUGS HUGS HUGS
Julie & Gunther
Oh and I wanted to add, that it was very sweet of you to get your nephew a bigger car seat. I see people all the time carrying babies in infant car seats. Their little heads sticking out the top.
Anyway, good for you! :)
I know what you mean by days like this. My kids can be very stressful especially my kiddo who is in special ed. Sometimes all you can do it cry. I have a Damian (different spelling also, like your nephew. I don't know how it is where you live, but here all anyone can say is "Oh Damian, like the Omen kid?" How funny is that. He is a little devil though so people usually think his name fits. Gotta love him though. He has an angelic side.
(((((hugs Lisa)))))
The Good: Laughter is good for the soul. It helps us cope with the bad and the ugly! Plus you are a wonderful sister and aunt to go and get a carseat for your nephew!
the Bad: The heat sucks. It does, I know. I shall be your fellow IBTC friend. My bum grows bigger, my thighs grow bigger, my arms grow bigger but the boobs are not following this pattern - what gives?
The Ugly: Caring is never ugly. Henry had an off day - it happens. It's not your fault. Sometimes it's 1 step foreward two steps back before progress is made again. Just remind yourself of how far he has come.
Yes Lisa..it is true! Gord at times can be an arse LOL...We are slowly and patiently working on that..patience and faith is a wonderful thing. We had a wonderful time this visit and are looking forward to more hopefully. I promise I
l'll make sure Gord leave his "arse" at home! ; )
Anyone for cheesecake??? LOL
Post a Comment