CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

WOOHOO!

And an appology to my husband :(

But first!! We had a great weekend. Went to my Mom and George's for dinner with the family on Saturday. The next morning, the kids slept until 8AM!! I can't tell you that that has EVER happened before!! It was lovely. And has continued. They're sleeping past 7! I love it!! Soooo much better than the 6AM starts I was putting up with before!

Sunday Al made us an AMAZING Turkey dinner. OMGoodness. Everything was Sooooo yummy! There has been no pig kicking going on around here let me tell ya! :)

Monday(this is the big one!!) My Dad, stepmother, and both landlords came here. My Dad is buying the house!!!!!!! And then, when we're in a better position, we'll be buying it from him!!! I am soooooooo excited!!! Scared, but excited. I was starting to think it was never going to happen. But now, this is going to be ours! And I won't have to pack! YAY! LOL! Hate Packing. Hate it.

And even More exciting, we're borrowing more from the bac\nk than the actual cost of the house, and we're going to remodel the Kitchen!!! OMG!!! I cannot WAIT!! Well, I can, because i am pretty sure than I am going to feel the same about remodelling as I do about packing, but man, in the end...lovely. I wonder if I will cook better when it's all done?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...yeah, probably not. So, I do have a question...I need to know what all my ( 5) readers LOVE and HATE about their kitchens?? I only have 1 shot at this, and I need to make it perfect!

And now on to the appology. I mentioned in my last post that I didn't have the support from my husband on the sleep training issue. Well, apparently, as I learned at 1 AM this morning, I did. I just didn't know it. You see, when the crying would start, and then continue, the husband would get cranky. And he made one particular comment about sleeping in the basement until all of this was over, which gave me the distinct impression, that I do Not infact, have his blessing and support.

So, *I think* we are going to try again in a couple weeks. When I am feeling better(Hint: I still am not, Antibiotics, Shmantibiotics) and have the week off because Henry and Family are going to England...without me. SOB!!! So anyway, I appologize to Alvin. I was misinformed. I was misreading your actions and comments. But in my defense...you never answered my letter!!

So there you have it.

OH OH!! Also!!! Jenna and Aidan were playing together ALL WEEKEND LONG!!! And for the most part, NOT FIGHTING!!! It was SOOO amazing. I am sooo happy to see them becoming friends. Warms the heart a wee bit :) See ladies! There's hope :)

~Lisa~

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

I'm sure you know this already, but get a DISHWASHER! :) And plenty of cupboard space. Storage of any kind is good.

MamaTink said...

What a great idea Julie! (On the visit) I think we should definitely pencil that in :) I can do Monday(23) or Wednesday(25). Jenna's in school the other 3 days, so it would be too rushed for me.

We've drawn out a potential layout, but I think it still needs work. i need more counters I think...I'll bring the book when I come :)

Oh yeah, DEFINITLY getting a dishwasher!!

Thanks!

~Lisa~

Jenn said...

Those days work for me!!]
Plus Lisa, you can come and see first hand all the things I Love about my kitchen and the main thing I HATE (stupid placement of the dishwasher).]
Are you getting new appliances too? because Julies Fridge Rocks, and if you can swing the micro over the range - I totally adore mine! As much as my oven, which is saying a lot because I love my oven to itty bitty pieces.
Angled cupboards are a must, as is a big set of drawers (2 if you have space).
Above all - get a pantry. Get a pantry, and get a pantry. Pantry's hold a LOT - plus, get the slide out drawers because reaching in to find stuff in the back sucks.

I'm happy for all your great news!!! Really really awesome about the house! :D