Mason's doing a bit better. He's sleeping much better, which is a huge relief!! He's still waking up between 4-6 to come cuddle in our bed, but that's fine with me, if it means I've had all those other middle of the night hours to sleep!!
Now I just need to work on his screaming/tantrum issues. I swear, I have never seen a toddler throw so many tantrums!! I think that's probably the most tiring thing in the world for me. Getting through all the tantrums in a day. I think his speech is a bit delayed (And compared to Jenna and Aidan, significantly delayed), so I can understand some of his frustration, but dude!! The screaming is outta control! And he is the master of making himself go limp so I can't hold him or pick him up off the floor/driveway/sidewalk. I'm sure the neighbours must think he's regularly beaten :( He's not. It's been tempting, and he's gotten a few swats on the bum, but really, they don't accomplish anything, so why bother right?
He's getting good at taking me by the hand to show me what he wants, so language wise he's doing good...but he doesn't have many words..not labels like most kids his age. He says things that are really unusual. Like clear as day, he can say Thank You, and he's trying to say You're Welcome, but it comes out Me Ma. Which is pretty cool :) But he doesn't label the basics, like Juice, truck, ball etc. I'm probably just over-reacting :) Yesterday he said Sorry (After he whacked me in the face and I pretended to cry) and I'm pretty sure he said Slide after he and I went down one together...so it's coming.
But he's still the funniest, cutest thing :) And he dances like a black man :) Really, the boy has Rhythm!!
So, that's that. He's trying, but I love him :)
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Mason Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Something about that third child I think. I was so happy when it was time for Eddie to go to school.
Then, we decided to have Zachary! :) Aren't we silly?
I'm glad he is making progress. He will sleep through one day I am sure. If not before, definately those teenage years. :)
Post a Comment