CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Nice

So, I was off today. It was a pretty good day. I went to school with Jenna this morning. Then I came home to clean before I had to get the boys from daycare. I will be the first to admit that my house is alway messy. I just can't keep up. Well, that's not true. I could keep up just fine if I never sat down, and never played with the kids or left the house for any reason. I choose to stay sane thanks :) Anyway, today my house was past messy. It was actually bordering on dirty. Which REALLY bothers me!!!
So, as I set about to mop my kitchen floor, I decided to call my Mom for a bitch-fest. She's awesome, she understood completely about the un-wiped up juice splatters. And the Laundry strewn about. And the kitchen becomming the garage. She even gave me some good advice about it all :) I love her. So, after I got off the phone cleaned some more, then picked up the boys. Mason must have noticed the clean floor, because he immediately spilled an entire (Sealed!) cup of juice! I just took a deep breath and mopped it up.
After all that, we went to pick-up Jenna from school. She walked it, dropped her things by the front door (In the middle of the hall of course) and went into the kitchen. Where she promptly made my day :)
Here's how the conversation went:
J: Wow! you've been busy Mom!
M: Thanks Jenna! That makes me feel better!
J: Why!? Were you upset?
M: Well, I was a little because everything was such a mess, and no one was helping out. but now that you noticed that I worked hard today, I feel better.
J: I'm happy you're feeling better. Thanks for working so hard today.
Seriously!!!! I guess it's moments like that that keep humans from eating their young :) She's awesome that girl of mine :)
~Lisa~

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

She sounds just plain sweet Lisa. :)

Zachary always notices when I pick up the living room, but he sees it as a place to bring toys out to! It is never ending.

Jenn said...

What a sweetheart. She could give a few lessons to a bunch of husbands I know (including mine). The boys love a tidy room - but hate doing the work to make it tidy, and obviously don't keep it tidy for long.....
(sigh)
It's an endless battle with 3 kids - but they are only little once, and for a short time. I'll have a tidy house when I'm older :)
jenn