CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 06, 2007

I realized today how far I've come....

I weigh myself almost daily. Bad habit, I know, but I don't care :) I weighed myself back in April and I was creeping back up to close to 170 pounds. Not cool. At my heaviest, after having Jenna, I was about 185 pounds. And miserable. I'm only 5'5"...that much weight doesn't sit well on me. But then I got pregnant with Aidan, and lost a lot of weight during my pregnancy. After having him I got down to about 155 pounds. I was okay with that then. After having Mason, last summer I got down even farther, to 146 pounds. I was soo happy!! I don't know what happened though. Because the weight went up and up and up. Until I looked like this.






I cringe every time I look at that. blech. lol :)


So, today, we decided to take the kids to the beach. Now, I'm a regular girl. I hate bathing suits as much as the next girl. But, for the sake of my kids, I tolerate them. I even took the time to pick something out this year that I really like. Al took pictures of us all at the beach today. And I am sooo happy to report that when I look at this:


I don't cringe :) I still have a ways to go. About 10-15 pounds I think. And a whole lot of toning. Which SUCKS, because I loathe exercise :) I think I might look into something fun like Badminton...where it won't FEEL like exercise, but will be :) We'll see :) For now, I think I'll spend some time enjoying the fact that I am not cringing.

ETA!! I went to Old Navy this afternoon to return a dress I'd bought that was (!) too big. I couldn't find any other dresses I liked as much, but then, when I went into the jeans area...OMG! I found a pair that I LOVE and they are size SIX!! Ladies...after I had Jenna, I was teetering on the edge of 14...almost a sixTEEN! I am soooo happy :)

~Lisa~

1 comments:

Julie Q said...

Wow Lisa! That is wonderful! :)

You look wonderful too! :)