I'm so happy to report that Mason is finally starting to be a better boy to be around :) His constant crying seems to have decreased, his vocabulary seems to be growing every day (Finally!!), and he's just happier in general! He's fallen in love with Dora. Which pleases me to no end because it's given me a barganing tool!! Do this, and you can watch Dora! Stop crying and you can watch Dora! It's lovely!
Jenna started grade one yesterday!! I can't believe it!! This is it...when the kids start getting cool, or not cool. When the attitudes from their friends really come shining through (For instance, one of the first things Jenna said this morning? "It's really freakin' raining out there!" WHAT!?! oh no no no my love!! She was sooo nervous about starting grade one!! For DAYS she talked about how nervous she was, and nothing I said could soothe those nerves :( But!! She's in a class with the best grade 1 teacher in our school, she's with her best girlfriend, and the boy she's been in love with since she was 1 :) So I'm really hoping for a good year for her :) Fingers crossed. What I'm not looking forward to is that the routine is Every day now!! I've had it easy for the past two years...going every other day! not anymore!!
And to add to that excitement!! Aidan starts Junior Kindergarten this year!! I am SO excited for him. He's been ready to go to school since last year! It's strange, I was really nervous about Jenna going to school when she started. But not Aidan! I think because he's so outgoing, and so confident. He's far more advanced than Jenna was when she started; I think we were happy that she knew how to print her name...Aidan can do that, plus mosst of the alphabet, plus he knows all his letters by sight, and he knows all their sounds fairly well (Thank you LeapFrog Letter Factory video!)...Jenna was sooo not there by JK! I'm also excited for him to talk someone else's ear off all day long :) That boy always has something to say about everything!! And if he doesn't know...he'll make it up :) Yesterday, we were walking to get Jenna from school, and he was telling me all about how he has the best teacher in the world, and that she's lucky because he's in her class and he's such a funny boy. and he just went on and on about how great she was.....problem is....he's NEVER met her!! LOL We go tomorrow to meet her, and see his classroom, and then he starts next Tuesday. I'm so happy :)
So, that's the kid update for ya! Off to work I go now :) have a great one!
Lisa
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
On the upside!
Posted by MamaTink at 6:37 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Woo hoo to Mason talking more! It is so much easier when they can actually tell you what they want.
It sounds like Aidan has a great head start for Junior Kindergarten. :)
It's hard to watch them be so nervous isn't it? I hope Jenna had a great first day of grade one. :)
Post a Comment