It's like the sun is shining from our asses over here!! So what was it, like last week? I posted about how frustrated I was getting with Jenna, and how much she was struggling at school?? PSHAWW!! Ancient History! Yesterdays News! Nonsense!!
Yesterday she brought home her report card. I was Terrified to open that envelope... but!! She isn't doing as horrendous as I thought!! 2 B-'s, 6 B's, 2 C+'s, and a C. From the way her teacher has spoken, I was thinking it was going to be all C's. Her weaknesses are her writing, and her Math. She has a hard time skip counting by 2's...and I think that just means that she does it too slowly. Because she can do it for me. She's excelling at Science, Social Studies, Health and Phys Ed, and The Arts, oh, and Reading!! Which Al and I can see and hear every day as well!! no more pointing to each word, no more "I can do it, the word is too long!" She's getting there. And to prove it, today...
SHE GOT AN AWARD!!!! It's an Award of Merit, which states... "Presented to Jenna McAlendin in recognition of contributions to the life of the school and personal efforts made in putting forth a much improved effort and positive attitude."
The stuff in italics is what her teacher wrote. She's really trying!! She's trying so hard that she got an AWARD for trying!! I am soooo proud of my girl right now!!
And I think I made her day by going to the assembly :) I almost didn't get to go! i didn't know she was getting an award until this morning (Bad backpack checker mommy that I am!) So I hummed and hawed, and waited, and then called a friend to see if she could watch my daycare kids, who was out shoveling and didn't answer her phone (the nerve!). So i almost gave up, and then something lit a fire under my butt, and I knew I HAD to be there!! So I called my daycare Dad that hadn't brought his son yet, who told me it was NO problem coming later today, and then even graciously told me to take an extra 15 minutes! (Which I needed, darn chatty principal!) I crammed my 3 amigos into their coats and boots, and them stuffed them into the car and off we went! I'll never forget the look on Jenna's face when she saw me standing at the back of the Gym :) Awesome :)
Mason kinda stole the show though. It took too long for his patience, and he started to wander. I tried Very hard to keep him entertained and contained, but a couple of the teachers told me not to worry about it, and let him sit with the school kids. yeah. Then he saw his sister and had to sit with her. Then he saw Aidan, and had to sit with him. Then he saw some kids he didn't know and sat halfway across the gym (I'm mortified by this point!). So then it's Finally time for Jenna to get her award, and the principal calls up a few kids at a time to line up. Who runs up to join the line?? Right...Mason!! All the parents and teachers were laughing sooo hard!! And all I could think of was..."Oh sure! Funny now! Wait until he starts kindergarten next year!!! SUCKAHS!!!" :) But man, was he ever cute up there with all those big kids :)
Anyway, back to Jenna! I hope this award, and the better than I expected report card will really help her confidence. A mommy can hope :)
Thursday, November 27, 2008
2 good news posts in one week!!
Posted by MamaTink at 11:43 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Woo hoo to Jenna! :) I'm glad the daycare Dad could hold off and was nice enough to do so. :)
Cute of Mason stealing the show! ;)
Post a Comment