Hello internet. It has been 6 days since my last blog. My appologies. I have no excuses. Well, except maybe this one...
I'm my own worst critic, so I can't say that this is my favourite cake. I do like it, I think it's cute, and I am almost happy with how Nemo turned out. But it was a new technique for me, and I wish I had practiced it a few more times before coming down to the wire, and needing to use the only one I had. Oh well. My customer was thrilled with it, said everything tasted perfect, and has already ordered another cake for March, and her daughter's cake for next November as well...so I guess I'm probably just being too critical. :)
And on this weeks Menu.. a certain little boy of mine turned 5 today *SOB* *WEEP* *Sniff*. So, last year he decided he desperately wanted a Pirate party, which I am SO excited about!! So I'm in the process of making him a treasure chest cake. Why oh why do I do this to myself!? I'm terrified that the lid is going to collapse and break :( But, I'm using chocolate cake for it, which tends to be a denser cake. So hopefully it will be able to hold itself together long enough to take a picture and serve it :)
I can't believe Aidan is 5!! Where on earth did those years go!? But I must say, in the same breath, I am also very relieved that he's 5 now. Because 4?? Was a bit brutal at times!! I said with Jenna that 4 was the hardest age, and I think the same held true for Aidan. Both of them were wonderful at 2. I would have called the two's Terrific Two's for Jenna and Aidan. But the 4's will always be the Effen Fours for me :) But 5, :(, 5 makes me sad. He's not a little boy anymore. He's big, and smart, and has a personality, and opinions. I miss my little Aidan. But I do look forward to getting to know my big Aidan :)
And now.. Pictures!!



Thursday, November 06, 2008
Hi, I'm Betty...
Posted by MamaTink at 1:26 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The cake is gorgeous! And Happy Birthday Big Boy Aidan! You're still adorable!
Aw, love the pics Lisa. He is such a heartbreaker now, wait until high school!
Oh and to me, he's still a little boy. :) Still cute and small and can sit in your lap. He might not, but he can. :)
Post a Comment