I was skimming through my blog last week. And I was laughing at stuff. And crying at stuff, and being overwhelmed with joy and excitement at the video of Mason's first steps. Which is when my kids caught on that something cool was happening at the computer, and came over to investigate. We had such a great time reminiscing about when they were little. The funny stories. the sleepless nights. the memories :) And that's when I wondered to myself, "Why the hell did I stop blogging!?" I gave it some thought, and 2 things came to me. 1. I was deeply hurt when members of my family chose to use my words against me in an incredibly hurtful way. and 2. Facebook. It's amazing how one can fit an entire blog into a status update! But it's not the same. It occurred to me that my children will one day cherish these words about their youth. And who am I to let other people take that away from them?? Exactly. So, I'm going to attempt to get back to blogging. Again :) And I will start with my morning wake up with Mason :)
Mason had homework last month. his job was to learn to retell(Not memorize) his favourite story. He chose Robert Munsch's Mortimer. He did an awesome job. I didn't fully realize how good he was at retelling until this morning. He was laying in bed with me this morning. He turns to me and says "remember reading Farts?" (Again, Robert Munsch, Good Families Don't. "And the girl said "MOM! there's a fart on my bed!, and the fart looked like a boulder? That was weird. And then the fart jumped on the Mom, and then the Dad went up the stairs and the fart got the Dad and his toes were sticking... and his toes were pointing forward?? Then the Mom was like Superman down the stairs? Oh! Hi Lou Lou!" (That's when the cat jumped onto the bed :)) I swear, I have only read him that book one time, and it was early last week!! I was so amazed that he absorbed so much of it!! I'm so proud of him :)
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
The resurrection of a blogger. and Farts.
Posted by MamaTink at 7:46 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
He's truly an amazing kid. Glad to see you blogging again!! you can feed it to FB :)
Go blogger! Great to hear, I always loved reading the things you had to say. Sometimes easier to write it than say it. Love you!
Welcome back Lisa!
So cute! Retelling is something neither of my boys are good at. Somehow Eddie managed to do well in high school english, so Z might as well. ;)
Way to go Mason!
Post a Comment