WHAT was in the air tonight!? My kids were being such Hooligans!! They couldn't even Look at each other without screeching and bawling. It was awful. I tried every tactic known to mother to get them to "GET THE HELMAIHDWHWI ALONG For GOODNESS Sakes!!" Oh yes. I did.
Eventually I had had enough. I turned on the TV. Oh yes. I did. And then I left the house. At first I just stood outside the front door. Just breathing. Just enjoying the quiet air inside my head. About 2.8 seconds later the kids were at the door, looking like pathetic lost orphans. I scared them away. The neighbours probably are scared of me now too. HA! So THERE!
And then, out of desperation, out of a need to just do SOMETHING for myself, Anything to just take me away from the stress that had consumed me, I pulled weeds. and pulled and pulled and pulled.
And after awhile, I was calmed enough for the kids to come outside again. And they did just fine. Played like angels. I almost got my front walkway completely clear of weeds. Winners all around.
And really, pulling out weeds is much more legal than pulling out their hair.
~Lisa~
Monday, July 24, 2006
Pulling weeds is better than pulling hair.
Posted by MamaTink at 10:10 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh ..how refreshing to reas such honesty that sounds like my life!! Why do they need to scream and FIGHT so much?!?! Glad you pulled those weeds, good for you!
So true so true. Like Helen said. Everyday life can be so frustrating with children. Just as it can be so fun and rewarding. The good with the bad right? :)
I'm glad you found a way to work out your frustration. My flower garden could use some frustration worked out on it! If it weren't almost 90* everyday, I'd get it done!
ah weed picking - great outlet! I just know that If I tried it though, the monsters would lock me out of my house - Oh yes they would!
There are times when I'd like to send them to Ethiopia - just for a few days, so they would appreciate how good they have it here - imagine them fighting over (ready?) A PAINT ROLLER. Yes, they bickered and scratched like cats over a stupid paint roller, whilst ignoring the plethora of toys that have not only filled the toybox, but have overflowed into other areas of the house. Imagine if I cleaned my house instead of trying to figure out ways to keep the kids from pummeling each other into oblivion.....
Something in the air? Indeed - It's called oxygen, and I don't think it's going to disappear anytime soon. As long as they can breath, they can fight. and as long as they fight, I'll be hiding out here tap tap taping on my laptop ignoring them until I see blood.
Post a Comment