My Parents invited us out for dinner last night to celebrate my birthday a little early. We had a great time. My mom made me the Coolest Candy Bouquet!! And gave me a wee Tinkerbell ornament, which you all know was a HUGE hit with me :) I also go two beautiful roses, they're white on the bottom and the edges are a deep pink. I love them!! My grandparents were there too, which was nice. I've grown a lot more fond of them in the past few years. Growing up as a kid, not so much. But I appreciate them a lot more now. They gave me a couple books on tea and a tea set...neat stuff.
Dinner went off smoothly, I got COMPLETELY embarrassed with the entire staff of Swiss Chalet came out singing with a birthday cake for me. I should have known :) My Mom is sneaky like that :)
The worst of times came after dinner. We were all getting our coats on, Jenna had to go to the bathroom, so I took her. On the way back to the table, I saw my George, my grandpa and Aidan leaving, taking some of my presents out to the car. This is not uncommon. My George is Aidan's Hero :) They go everywhere together. (See where this is going yet?) So, Jenna and I get our coats on, I grab my cake and books, and off the rest of us go. I was walking outside across the front of the restaurant when this awful feeling came over me. I saw My George. I saw my grandpa. I saw my grandma. I did Not see Aidan. I called to the "where's Aidan", but they didn't hear me. So I called it again, and then everyone got very confused. George said "He's with you isn't he" I said NO!, then George said "OH! It's okay, he's with your Mom"(My Mom had gone to her car to get something, and wasn't with us yet) I Lost it. I screamed at George "No He's NOT! He's Gone!" I spent about 3 seconds trying to figure out who to pass the cake off to, but everyone was carrying something. I thought about dropping it, but knew that would be a total waste of cake. So I just held on tight and ran as fast as I could back into the store.(Yes, I realize now how stupid that all sounds) I yanked open the doors, and was about 4 steps into the restaurant when I saw my little boy, crying for his Mommy with a very beautiful waitress. I couldn't hug him tight enough. And the poor boy could only say "Mommy I was looking for you. I wanted you". Talk about break. my. heart!!! I hope none of you ever has to try to remain as composed as possible for the sake of your little one in a situation like this. It's hard as hell.
I don't think he was scarred by it too bad, he only mentioned it once today. I however still get heart palpatations every time I think of the 'what ifs' :)
So, that was my birthday celebration :) Yee Haw.
~Lisa~
Sunday, December 03, 2006
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
Posted by MamaTink at 7:32 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think every parent goes through that at some point, but it is so scary! I'm so glad he was still in the restaurant.
Your birthday celebration sounds lovely. :)
Like Julie said, every parent does go through that.
we lost Billy at Disneyland, during a parade.
That was terrifying, and I'm so sorry that you had to experience it.
When's your birthday? I feel so bad that I missed it!
Love ya!!!!
Post a Comment