CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 30, 2007

GAWD! Doesn't she ever update this thing!?

No, not really. Apparently.

I think life is starting to get back into some kind of normal. Al is attempting to go back to work today, the kids are back at the babysitter's and I'm at home...wait, What? yeah, I was SUPPOSED to be working today, but H's mom called 2 seconds after I loaded the kids into MY NEW VAN, and cancelled...because she realized that H wasn't home...at 10:43 last night....HUH?? How do you Not know that your kid isn't going to be home for therapy when he's been gone all weekend, and tomorrow is Monday, a regular therapy day??? I'm a wee bit cheesed. But will live. I suppose. ugh.

But, on to more important news!!! You might have missed it in the previous paragraph, but I GOT A NEW VAN!!!! and I am SOOOO in love with it!! We got a 2006 Pontiac Montana SV6. It's White, and it seats 7, and it's low km's, and it's such a smooth, beautiful ride. I just love it. I especially love that it doesn't look like traditional Mini Vans do. It's got a sporty grill, and a sporty rear(don't we all wish for sporty rears?! LOL), dark tint on the windows, and I love it...incase I hadn't mentioned that. Also? DVD System!!!! YAY! Dora in the car!!! Woooo!!! We traded the car in, it was just getting sooo cramped in there, with three kids across one seat. It worked for awhile, when the kids were all smaller and didn't bicker as much, but now that they are all getting bigger, and wanting to bring books and toys and stuff everywhere, the upgrade was long over due. We didn't start out looking at vans, although when we saw the Montana's we both agreed they would be nice...I think we were just in denial. We looked at a bunch of SUV's with various sized back seats. But none felt quite as right as the Montana...who at first we were going to call Tex, and then maybe the Full Monty, but I think have settled on Betty, since she's a quieter, more peaceful van than the other names may imply her to be...also? definitely a girl :) And I love her :) And will keep her until I die...or she dies...which she assures me will not be for a very very long time...also? Extended Warranty :)

Al is well on his way to being on the mend. He still feels very dry, and very congested. But, there is gel up in his sinuses and nasal cavaties to help the healing process and keep everything straight...so that can't be comfortable. He's starting to be able to smell a few things again, and has been able to taste a couple really salty foods. I guess that's the biggest downside to having your nose cotterized! :( It's been very nice to have my husband back...for the most part...he's still a bt cranky at times, but we're dealing with that as it comes along. The big baby. :)

We had Al's niece here for a week to help out with the kids and Al if he needed it. That was... interesting...I don't think she was really prepared for what she got herself into. She's, I'm sure, a very good babysitter, as many others have told me...but at 13?? I think my three kids were a bit too much to ask of her. And, she's 13...what does she want with being stuck with three little kids and a sick uncle all day right? She wants to be at the mall! She wants to be with her friends! She probably wanted to be anywhere but here. But, she was some help, and I saved on my own babysitter costs a little, and near the end of the week she loosened up a bit, and Fun Ashley started to emerge. So, all in all, no one died, and for that we are grateful :)

And I guess that's about that!

~Lisa~
ETA: Betty!

2 comments:

The other me said...

I want me one of those vans.......SWEEEEEEEET!

Julie Q said...

Very nice Lisa! Enjoy Betty. I enjoy my Bessie soooo much! :)

I don't even mind the payment, too much! ;)