CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

A wee update

Al had the packing taken out of his nose on Sunday. That wasn't too bad. He said that he went in to the hospital at a pain level of between 6-7/10. And when we left, he had no pain! unfortunately, the story isn't quite as smooth as that :)

I had been told by the nurse we had Friday afternoon that we were to be back at the hospital on Sunday at 9:30AM. Nope! At 9:10 on Sunday I looked at the appointment form and saw that it actually said 9:00! CRAP! So, we flew out of here, and off to the hospital. Waited for a few minutes, and luckily, being as they are, the doctor was late (PHEW!). So, Al gets the packing removed, which, yes was gross, but not as bad as I anticipated. Unfortunately for him, the whole thing, plus the Tylenol 3's he'd taken made him feel REALLY nauseous. And unfortunately for me, everything caught up with me, and I passed out :( Just for a couple seconds, and because I could feel it coming on, I had the sense to at least sit down before I lost it completely :( I felt just awful because I was supposed to be there for Al, and instead I was on a stretcher of my own :( And everyone thought it was the grossness factor that got to me, but it really wasn't!! I can handle gross!! Really!!! Oh well...it passed pretty quickly, and I was able to get back to Al.

So the next few days after that were pretty uneventful. Until yesterday when Aidan came down with Scarlet Fever AGAIN! Third time for my poor wee man :(

I'm really tired. I hate to show it to Al and the kids though...but it's really catching up with me. But I don't want to complain :) Hopefully only a few more days and we'll be back to normal...whatever that may be :)

Well, better run, I have to get going to work. Thanks for all the support guys!

~Lisa~

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Oh my goodness Lisa! I'm glad you knew to sit down. Life can be so overwhelming at times.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Gosh Love that sounds horrid! Dyou want me to take the other two for a few days? I can come get them and then bring them back Sat/Sun for you?

Let me know what I can do to help!

HUGS

Julie

The other me said...

Lisa! Take Julie up on her offer! What a friend you are Julie Bo. Get some rest, you and Al, what a time you've had poor thing.