(First, I promise that my blogs are not all going to be about pee from now on!!!)
Jenna has a bladder infection :( And I feel so awful, because I have only ever had a minor one, when I was pregnant with Aidan. So I don't really know what she's going through.
She was complaining about a month ago of being itchy, so we lectured on hygiene, stopped the bubble baths, etc. And she stopped complaining, so I figured we had solved the problem.
Unfortunately just before dinner yesterday, when she tried to go to the bathroom, she couldn't. said it hurt too bad. But that she realllly had to go! The poor girl was practically screaming trying to go :(
So, off we went to the clinic and sure enough, she's got a bladder infection. The doctor said Little girls are only allowed to have ONE bladder infection. After that it indicates a more serious problem, and will require more testing. So, hopefully this is it for her :(
At least it's something new...and not scarlet fever again :) right :)
Lisa
Thursday, July 12, 2007
My poor Jenna!
Posted by MamaTink at 10:20 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aw poor Jenna. I've never had one either. I hope she is feeling better soon.
Oh poor Jenna... I confess I've never had one either tho I hear they're horrid! I'm so sorry I didn't know or I wouldn't have bought the bubble bath :( Poor Jenna!
I know EXACTLY how she feels! Oh man, they hurt so badly. I had one last year and was crying in bed waiting for the clinic to open. :( Hopefully she's feeling better soon!
(By the way: They're really rare as long as she keeps up the proper hygiene. Make sure she's wiping from front to back when she does "number 2" because this is the biggest cause of UTIs in girls her age! I got one when I was about 8 and it not again until last year, so you probably don't have too much to worry about!)
Oh goodness poor baby! I know that feeling oh so well...I had chronic bladder infections as a little one. Mine were caused by a bladder problem...I hope this is her first and last infection! You may want to try AZO tablets...they are cranberry tablets that can be taken to prevent these things!
Post a Comment