Well, only 1 request..but it was from Julie, and she's pretty damn popular, so it works. shut up.
Crafts we've done recently!!
1. The kids all loved this one! A butterfly made from a toilet paper roll. Actually, I had to cut down the rolls, so a paper towel roll cut into three might be a better size.
2. We've also recently made butterfly footprints. SO CUTE!! you paint the kids' feet, and then set them on the paper, but opposite, crossed...umm...how to explain...so, the outsides of the feet, are actually on the insides. Paint or colour a body.
3. Get fish stickers, colour a paper entirely blue (or use blue paper), use old pieces of construction paper to create coral, seaweed, underwater caves etc, stick on stickers.
4. We'll be making sock puppets tomorrow I think..gotta find some more socks :)
5. Pasta art! The kids LOVED this!! I set out bowls with different shaped pasta, and gave them each a bottle of glue (glue sticks don't work), and let them create!
6. Great for a rainy day...pop some plain popcorn. take a cupcake liner, fold in half, and decorate like an umbrella...use half a pipe cleaner for the handle if you have one, if not just draw an umbrella handle. glue the 'umbrella' on a piece of paper. Use the popcorn to create the 'rain clouds'. colour on rain drops.
7. Make your own puzzle. Have the kids draw a picture or design on a blank piece of paper, make sure the whole piece of paper is covered. Glue onto a piece of cardboard. Have kids draw puzzle pieces on the cardboard, cut out using x-acto knife.
8. Coffee filter flowers. Paint a drip coffee filter with water colour paint. once dry, pinch in the centre, and fasten a pipecleaner for a stem.
9. Muffin cup flowers. These work well if you have a couple different sizes of muffin liners. Colour the entire muffin liner (Inside and out), glue the smaller liner into the middle of the bigger one. Voila, a double impatiens :)
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds cool!!
Sidewalk Chalk - This recipe is for sidewalks only. Do not use this chalk on any other surface. You will need 4-5 eggshells, 1 teaspoon flour, 1 teaspoon very hot tap water, and food coloring (optional). Wash & dry eggshells. Put into bowl and grind into a powder. A mortar and pestle works fine for this. Discard any large pieces. Place flour and hot water in another bowl and add 1 tablespoon eggshell powder & mix until a paste forms. Add food coloring if desired. Shape & press mixture firmly into the shape of a chalk stick, and roll up tightly in a strip of paper towel. Allow to dry approximately 3 days until hard. Remove paper towel and you've got chalk. Eggshell chalk is for sidewalks only.
I like www.dltk-kids.com and www.familycorner.com for craft ideas. And when all else fails, look up their favourite printables, and let them colour :)
Hope this helps!!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
And now, by popular request....
Posted by MamaTink at 3:26 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks for the ideas! :) Phillip might do a couple of them. He has a very short attention span. He won't color! :( And two minutes on one toy is too long!
So, perhaps, we will try one or two of your ideas. :)
Oh those are some great ideas!
I found a fun one for making treasure maps (staining the paper with coffee granules). I thought it would be awesome for boy birthday party invites!
Oh!! I need that idea!! Aidan wants a pirate party for his birthday!
oh there are some rocking pirate ship cakes out there!
Uh oh...I never thought to look for a pirate ship cake!! I just figured I would do a treasure chest!! Hmm..okay, off to search those out :) Thanks Julie.
Post a Comment