CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Friends..

So, I have a new friend. (in my head I can hear you all clapping and cheering and whistling, and I'm waiting for that to die down a bit........okay, thanks :)) This is kind of a big thing for me. I've never been one to just make friends everywhere I go. Not one who would be able to go anywhere and talk freely to anyone around me. Not that I'm not friendly, because I certainly try to be. Just that I always wait for someone else to make the first move..and they don't always :)

Anyway!! I met her in a setting where I never would have thought I'd make a friend. But it happened, almost instantly. I feel like I've known her for Years!! And I am very convinced that her and I were brought together for a reason. Like we are soul mates.. in a friend kind of way. She just seems to Get me. It's so lovely. She's the kind of person that will listen to me yammer on, and then tell me she thinks that's all bullshit, and did I ever think to look at it this way?? She makes me think, and reflect, and laugh, and want to learn and be a better person. She's so smart, and wise, and FUNNY, and a total junk food enabler because she left the sour patch kids in my van, and dammit now I want to sneak out there and gobble them up!! She's great with my kids, and was nice to my husband. I just can't imagine my life without her in it, ya know?

We went to the Drive-in together on Tuesday, to see Mamma Mia. And we talked all the way through it. And then Hellboy 2 came on, and we talked all the way through that too!! And then when everyone else had left the drive in after Hellboy ended, we drove to the carpool lot where she'd left her car, and we talked even more there!! Without any of those silences that come even when you've known someone for years.

She's the person that I'll go to Vegas with when we hit our mid-life crisis's. She's the person I can turn to no matter what the situation. She's the person I'm going to change the world with. I just know it.. And I can't wait :)

(Hey L.. hope I haven't completely embarrased you here.. but every word is true :) Especially the part about the sour patch kids...... now.. where are my keys??)

3 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

OH Hooray! I know exactly how you feel... friends like that you grab onto and don't ever let go!

Julie Q said...

Oh yeah!!

:)

I can't imagine anyone not wanting to be your friend though Lisa. ;)

Stephanie said...

Yaay! Congrats! I love it when that happens (rarely for me, but it's happened a couple of times). (By the way - you've got my old blog linked up there. The one I actually write in is perpetualnerd.blogspot.com)