CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Annoyed

My doctor screwed up, and hasn't sent a referral to a pediatrician for Mason to have the ADOS (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule) done. It was "overlooked". We were there January 6th. I know that I should have called back sooner to find out what was going on, but I didn't :(

I called Monday, and found out the referral wasn't sent. I called Tuesday and was told that the nurse left a message for the doctor, but hadn't heard anything back from him yet regarding a referral. I pleaded my case then. Telling them that I needed the assessment done ASAP, since Mason starts school in September, and I want some answers before then. That I was totally stressing about this, and have already been waiting more than a month! The nurse said she would see what she could find out. I waited. The office is closed on Wednesdays. I didn't get a chance to call yesterday, and they didn't call me either. So, I guess it's going to be up to me to call AGAIN today. I hate having to do that :P

My doctor used to be so awesome. Took time to really listen to his patients. But his practice is getting bigger, and I find the wait in the waiting room longer, and the time in his office shorter. I'm not impressed if this is going to be the way he continues to treat his patients. I get the whole doctor shortage thing. I know that I should be counting my lucky stars that we even have a doctor...but still, I'm used to a certain level of care, and I'm not seeing it anymore :( Hopefully a taste of my Mama Bear routine will help smooth my (and Mason's) path!

0 comments: