CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A week from today!

Mason has his surgery next week. He's getting tubes in his ears, and having his adenoids taken out. As much as I dread my little boy being put out for surgery, and scary shiny cutting things being near his body, I am relieved, all in the same breath.

Our surgeon has warned me that he is doubtful that we'll see much of a difference in Mason's speech. And I am comfortable with that. Disappointed yes, because you always here these stories of the dramatic change in childrens' speech once they got their tubes, and that may not happen for us... but we have speech therapy for that, and really, when it comes to his speech, we are hearing improvements.

I'm more hopeful that we will see a change in his behaviour. You see, he snores. A lot. Not loud, but constant. Enough that I would imagine it effects his sleep. And I know all too well how I feel when my sleep has been disturbed. I can't imagine how I would feel if I had had to endure 3 years of that! So, I might be putting more apples into that cart than I should, but I am really hoping that this surgery means better sleep and better behaviour from him :) (Picture me with my eyes shut tight and fingers crossed REALLY HARD! LOL)

And now a funny or two :)

Yesterday I took the kids to school, like always. I turned to say good bye to Jenna. When I turned back, my little Houdini(Mason) had ran in to the Kindergarten yard. I was headed around to get him out, when I noticed what he was up to. He had lined up with all the other kids. I had to go all the way around the enclosure to get to him. By the time I caught up, he was at the door, ready to walk into the school! The teacher is new to the school, and didn't realize that he didn't belong! There was an EA standing outside laughing at us. She said she was watching him, but wanted to know just how far he would really go! And that's when we noticed he had escaped us AGAIN! this time he was right in the classroom, taking his mittens off and trying very hard to undo his coat!! What a monkey :) But it gives me hope that he's going to be easy going next year, with no tears at the door. :)

So after all that I was trying very hard to convince him to walk home with me! I told him to chase his shadow, to try and catch it. So, he runs after it for a couple seconds and then Leaped on top of it... kinda like a baseball player sliding into a base. He was SO proud of himself for catching his shadow! :) And I got a good laugh :)

0 comments: