Mason was slow to speak. He was slow to articulate. He was slow to string words together into sentences. So we did three rounds of speech therapy. And man... there are days when I regret that!! Talk talk talk talk talk!! The boy is Never quiet anymore!! He's bossy, and somewhat opinionated, and full of ideas.
Along with every speech milestone, and speech explosion came new words that brought smiles to our faces, and laughs to the room, and sometimes some stunned silences... like the first time he called his brother Stupid... not cool. Lately though, our favourites are the BIG words.
Like Fabulous. "Fabaliss". And Hilarious "Herlarryiss". And of course, Fantastic... "Fantaskick". I love these words from him :) Especially when he uses them in context... like "Mom, I got dress! Do's I look Fabaliss?"
I remember Jenna's mispronunciations... Ketchup was Kepputch. Play Doh was Tay Loh. And whenever we were in the car, she would repeat "Ah Winka Winka Wah".. I have NO idea what she was trying to say, but it was Funny!!
Aidan didn't pronounce much wrong. I remember Juice Tup for Juice Cup... but that's really all. He seemed to wait until he he knew he would get the word right before he said it out loud :) There was never Mama and Dada, it was Mommy and Daddy from the start.
I'm going to miss these mis-pronunciations.
Monday, March 01, 2010
Little Kids. Big Words.
Posted by MamaTink at 8:09 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment