CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A shift

I had lunch with a good friend today. I was so proud of myself. Not only did I try a new restaurant, but I tried new foods too!! My friend in Vegan. I went through a period of time when I was a vegetarian, but I just couldn't give up my milk and cheese :) Mmm... cheese... Anyway! Because of health issues in combination with personal beliefs, L is vegan. I've eaten her food a few times. The only thing I would pass on again would be the creamed tofu dill dip. :) I've always been a bit of a food chicken. I hate trying new restaurants. I like what I like, and I don't stray far from it. Until lately. I've been doing much better. Today I tried Falafel. YUM! Taheena Salad. Yum. Tabouleh (This was a little too lemony for me, but still really good!

Anyway.... that wasn't the shift I was going to talk about... though, for me, it was worth mentioning :)
As we always do, L and I were talking about a certain aspect of our lives. One that brought us together in the first place. One that we have both questioned at times. One that I find a few more of my friends currently questioning. And it made me think... have I been questioning my situation, because that's what I have surrounded myself with?? Have I drawn trouble into my life? That wasn't my intention.

Part of my personality is the ability to be friends with a really wide variety of people. I find over time that I take on certain characteristics of each person when I am with them. A good person with the good people. A funny person with the funny people. A caring person with the people who care. A sick and twisted, omg I can't believe you said that kind of person with other people like that. It works for me. I thought.

I'm going to try something different. I'm going to think for myself. I'm not going to be worried about being happy where I am, or who I am.

This isn't coming out the way I had hoped it would. I always think for myself. And I would never make a big decision because I was following in someone else's footsteps. Ever. Just that, from now on, I am not going to hide my feelings, because they don't mesh with someone elses. yeah... something like that.

2 comments:

MamaTink said...

testing

Stephanie said...

Yay, I can finally comment!! Anyway, I LOVE that you're making this shift! I totally know what you mean and I find that I do the same thing with certain people... And good for you trying new food! Yaaa vegan!! (By the way, I'm blogging again!)