CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 24, 2006

Big Week.

Well, life is slowly getting back on track. It's been a busy week. Jenna was Thrilled to get back to school after march break. But of course, with that came a very crabby, tired girl that none of us were particulairly crazy to be around :) She's getting better. Thankfully. Else I woulda had to sell her to the highest bidder.

I had a very big day on Wednesday. Jenny invited me to a meeting with Henry's school. There were many important people there. Henry's parents, The principal, Henry's teacher, a woman from the school board, Henry's resource teacher, and an advocate from a place that helps mediate meetings between families with children with special needs, and then little old me. SO Intimidating. I was doing fine taking it all in, but when it was my turn to speak, oh man, I turned about eleventy billion shades of red. At least I didn't say fart instead of part like I once did in a job interview :)

Henry's been increasingly aggressive at school, and we all got together to hash out ideas that would help his EA and the staff to deal with it. I think it went really well, but I also think that his teacher and RT really played everything down. Which is unfortunate. Oh well. I was really honoured to have been asked. His teacher even layed on the praise when he was telling everyone that Henry is well above his peers academically. Jenny has said it before, but to hear from his teacher, in front of so many officials...well...it was pretty nice :)

Yesterday was Al's birthday :) He's 29 now :) I think he had a lot of trouble with knowing he's only one year away from 30. Not sure why though. We just did a low key thing here. I made him a marble cake...YUM!! I have decided that I should NOT be left alone with cake. The willpower thing?? not so much. I felt SO bad last night. It was getting late, and the kids were wanting cake, but Al and I hadn't eaten dinner yet, Al said "Let's just go ahead with the cake, and we'll eat after" So, there I go, get a knife, 2 plates. 2 forks. And I slice right into the cake. Poor Al...he comes out and says to me "Do you think you could at least light one candle?" DUH!!! I felt so rotten. I make such a huge deal about the kids birthdays, and yet I didn't even think of a candle for my husband. I certainly hope his 30th is a better birthday than his 29th.

Gotta run. Babies need tending.

~Lisa~

5 comments:

Julie Q said...

Don't feel bad about the candles. A cake is a nice thing for someone to bake for you on your birthday. I should know, I haven't had one in years. I'd take one without candles any day.

That is really nice they wanted your input on Henry. :)

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

LOL don't feel bad.. I don't even make cake for Gunther..

You're a great wifey! And it's nice to know Sarah wasn't the only one being a demon this week.

Hugs

Jenn said...

Way to go Lisa - sounds like Henry is thriving under your tutelage. I hope they are able to find some ways to combat the aggressiveness - that's something I've noticed in Duncan too - it's a little scary. The boys were beasties after being off their schedule for March Break, I'm so glad to have them back on a routine!
Happy Birthday Al - and here I am telling Duncan that I'm 29 lol - he of course is now telling everyone that I'm going to be 30 on my birthday which is fine by me really, except that it means I can't be 29 again anymore. After 7 years, I'd gotten used to always turning 29 ;)

MamaTink said...

LOL Jenn!! I'm not going to have birthday's after 29...only Anniversary's of birthdays :)

Try to think back to all the events that led up to Duncan's aggression. There's Usually one small thing that sets them off. Henry's big thing is escape from task...and he KNOWS that once he's running and hitting, he's winning the battle. It's hard.

Let me know if there's anything you want to talk about!!!

~Lisa~

Anonymous said...

LIsa,
What a big week!

(((Hugs)))
I, honestly, couldn't read the whole post due to an insane migraine & the shakes, but wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you alot lately!
Big hugs sweetie!
Jes