CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dear Mason,

Hi there Baby. We need to discuss something. Again. I know that I have spoken to you repeatedly about this matter. I have begged, even cried a wee bit that one time...but Mason, this needs to stop. We can not continue with this 5 in the morning play time.

Mommy is tired.

Mommy has an important job that requires her to THINK.

Mommy has 3 kids to care for.

Mommy cannot think straight lately. And my son, it's gone on plenty long enough!!

Here's the deal. I am FINE with you waking in the night. I will put you to bed at a reasonable hour, and I will feed you 4-5 hours later. And THEN...this is the tricky part my love...after that feeding...I will get up with you again 4-5 hours later...but you MUST be willing to go back to sleep again Mason James. You are a little BABY...you need more sleep!!!

So, to recap. 5 AM is NOT the time when Mommy would like to spend one on one with you. We get that in the afternoon...there's NO need for it before the sun rises okay?? I do love you, and I do love playing with you, seeing your delicious smiles and lovely laughs. But not, I repeat NOT at 5 am.

All Clear??

Good. I love you!!

Love Always,
Mommy

5 comments:

Julie Q said...

Aw, I actually miss getting up early with Zachary. I did miss my sleep at the time though.

I hope he starts sleeping a little better for you Lisa.

When he is a teenager, and you can't get him up, perhaps remind him of these days. ;)

Jenn said...

and Mason, quit teaching Joey your fun little "game"! he tried it yesterday, and I was not impressed. Joey has a new little game to teach you instead - It's called "the 4 hour nap" and is one of mummy's favourite games. It's much better than "daily whine" or "grab my hand to do anything"
I hope you learn it quickly.

Hugs Lisa, I actually had 8 hours of sleep last night and am still dog tired - I think 5 years of sleepless nights have finally taken their toll on me - I think a week away from it all, say on a Caribbean cruise might help.....care to join me? (ok, so it's only in our dreams, but it sure sounds nice eh?) This weekend is supposed to be lovely - maybe 10+ degrees and sunny, so I hope you are able to get out a little bit - sunshine does wonders!

MamaTink said...

Oh Jenn! I'd be there in a heartbeat if it meant uninterupted sleep for a few days!!!

Ahhh...dreams...if only I was in bed long enough to have them!! LOL


And JulieQ, you're right, I am going to miss these days...someday :)

~Lisa~

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

oh and once you've mastered that dear Mason.. please tell your friend Chloe to stop waking up screeching bloody murder every night k? Thanks hun!

Hugs

The other me said...

awwww, they outgrow that divine nighttime thing so fast, I used to love having the baby all to myself, no other kids needing me, no laundry to do, the weariness is a bit numbing but the time goes so fast! Smooch him for me at 5am if he does it tomorrow!!