Or
Flush eye with water for 15 minutes
Or
How to lose your husbands respect
Or
Okay, no more Or's...
I was trying to be super mom this morning. One of the kids Little People swings was mysteriously broken by gremlin's in the night(as I discovered upon asking all guilty looking parties "What Happened"). So, out comes the crazy glue. The first bottle I have ever been the proud owner of...In...my...LIFE! TRUE! But, there's a problem...the glue is stuck...hmm...get a pin. So, I poke and prod at it for a bit, and managed to squeeze out some gloopy not-sticky-enough crazy glue. That would not do. I only succeeded in partially glueing my finger to the toy...no idea how. Thus the reason for my lack of glue in previous years apparently. So, I poke and prod some more, getting out the gloopy glue in the hopes that the running good glue is hiding underneath.
I gave one good squeeze, and out came the rest of the gloopy(Lovin' that word today!!) glue, and out spurted the runnier glue. IN MY EYE!!! I stood for a fraction of a moment praying that I was wrong, that there was really nothing in my eye. And then it started to Burn!! I calmly said to Al, "What would I need to do if I got this glue in my eye? SERIOUSLY!" I thought he would think I was joking, and not help me! LOL While I stood there burning my eye out, and holding it open! LOL
So then I had to flush it out with water for 15 minutes!! Pain in the arse!! But, much better than walking around with my eye glued shut forever!!
And after all that, I got the toy fixed :)
Also, Big Happy Birthday to My George!!!!
~Lisa~
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
My new Mob-Boss name is "Sticky Eye".
Posted by MamaTink at 10:05 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH NO!! I had *visions* (heh heh) of you glueing your eye shut and having to go to the ER for some eye-opening surgery!!
I'm so glad flushing it did the trick. Now keep that gloopy stuff far far away from the kids! (yeah it IS a fun word to say).
We have problems with glue too - and it is pretty much banned in our house. Even those little Elmer glue sticks, when wielded by a 3 yr old named Matthew are hazardous....
I'm glad you only had to flush with water for 15 minutes. That sounds painful. :(
Glad to hear you fixed the toy. ;) Hopefully it will last the little gremlins.
I suspect you would have looked a bit sure with a permanant wink going on but seeing as we need extra eyes not less, I am very happy you didn't get glued together!!
Yowch! I hate it when I glue my fingers! I can't imagine my eye!
Glad you got it flushed!
Post a Comment