CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 21, 2006

Fear Not Dear Internet! I have not forgotten you. I have not died. My Hard-drive however, is a whole other story. My advice? Get the extended warranty. Bah. Luckily my awesomer than awesome husband hooked up our old jelopy of a computer(Which we LOVE! Yes we do!!)

I had such a day from Hell yesterday. Started out at 3:30AM. When Karen’s Baby woke up Mason with his screaming. Their cribs are against the same wall. And apparently the builder decided NOT to use the concrete blocks necessary for code here in Canada between our semis. Karen apparently is either deaf or believes in CIO, because OMG the screaming from that baby. Ugh. This happened when Aidan and Logan were back to back in these rooms too. I moved Aidan’s crib, even though I hated where I had to move it to. I keep trying to figure out a way to convince Karen to move Evan’s crib, but I doubt it’s going to happen. She's one of those smart responsible mothers that bolts everything to the walls.

Carry on to the morning. Mason is still sick. He’s been running a fever since last Friday, and soon after developed a barking cough. Then came the runny nose. And the crankies. I hemmed and hawed all morning about whether I should stay home with him or go to work. I didn't figure I would be able to get an appointment with my doctor in the morning so I went to work.

Mistake!!! Henry had an AWFUL day!! There was A LOT of activity at his house that morning before I got there, which got him way over-stimulated. So out came the aggression I haven't seen in a couple months. Ugh. I was so exhausted. My brain just did NOT want to deal with that at all :( But I got through it. and we both left smiling.

Get to Mason's afternoon(told ya) appointment. Oh boy. Lay on the guilt!! He has a sinus and throat infection :( I feel so awful for letting him try to fight it off for a week before taking him in.
But he's got his antibiotics now, and seems better already. He Finally had a good nap this morning!.

My housework has been forgotten for most of the week. It's really hard, and annoying trying to get the dishes and vacuuming done while there's a sick baby screaming up at you, while permanently attached to your leg. The kids and I worked together this morning. Who knew a bottle of Windex could be so exciting to a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old. Now if only the dish washing fairy would work her magic in my kitchen. Ugh. I hate living like this. But my motivation is gone.

And now, here it is, after 5:00. Nothing made for dinner. Dishes not done. in my defense though, Karen has Mastitis, and I watched her boys fr most of the afternoon. Here's to hoping the energy fairy comes and lights a match under my ass. What I wouldn't give for a working dishwasher right now...Any requests?

~Lisa~

1 comments:

Julie Q said...

Buy one on credit? I love my dishwasher and waited far too long to get it. And with a big family like yours, you can really use the break. I really don't think I'd go without one again. At least not as long as the kids live at home. Or even when they come to visit.

I hope Mason is feeling better soon. Don't feel bad about waiting to see the doctor. It is hard to tell sometimes if they are going to be able to fight it off themselves or not.

Bummer on the computer! We didn't buy the warranty on this one, so I'm hoping it doesn't crash. My brother fixes computers though, so I'm not too worried. I do keep my old one, just in case! ;)

I hope you have a better tomorrow.