CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Finally!! A yummy cough medicine!!!

For many years now, the only cough medicine that hasn't made me want to vomit is triaminic. That's right, the kids stuff. You can imagine how well that worked.

Until today.

I've been sick for almost a week. Just a cold/flu type bug that won't. Go. AWAY! The cough set in yesterday. A hacking, phlegmy, painful cough. Annoying too. This morning as I was sending Al on his merry way to work/training, he said "Hey, have you ever heard of theobromine? It stops coughing." "Huh? no. Gimme it." And then, like music to my aching ears he says, "It's in Cocoa. Make yourself a cup, I bet it works." And Hallelujah!! IT WORKS!!!!!

Here's the recipe for the yummiest cough medicine EVER!

2 heaping teaspoons of cocoa
2 heaping teaspoons of sugar
1 mug of warm milk

Mix the cocoa and sugar together in the bottom of the mug. Pour in a little of the warm milk to make a paste. Add the rest of the milk, mix well, and enjoy!!

You're welcome :)

~Lisa~

4 comments:

Julie Q said...

Oh yummy! :) Any warm liquid seems to help a cough, but cocoa (the real thing) sounds so good!

Zachary decided to be Buzz again! I'm so excited he picked something! Going to order it now before the sale is over. :)

I hope you are feeling better soon.

MamaTink said...

Uh oh! I wrote in his letter that I thought he would make a cute Woody! LOL...well...can't be changed now...hopefully he understands my mistake :)

~Lisa~

Julie Q said...

Ha ha, Maybe he won't notice if I read it. ;)

Jenn said...

MMMMM - almost worth getting a cough for ;)

Thanks!