CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's going well :)

Al's new job is working out so well for all of us. Except Al :) Poor guy is positively EXHAUSTED when he gets home now. It's about all he can do to come in, shower and eat dinner. But, I'm sure with time it'll get better. The kids bear the brunt unfortunately, as when he's tired, his patience is thin. But that too will come around I'm sure.

I must say, while in the beginning I found it a little odd that my husband was employed as a "Garbage Man" (Which he totally is not, he's on the recycling crew YAY!!!) I don't know that I have ever been more proud of him. He's in a job that I respect, that gives us more freedom as a family, and that is guarenteed to always be a required profession. I love asking him about his day. And hearing that he lifted about 15,000-20,000 pounds that day. I love hearing how many blue boxes he tagged, and how he's getting better at driving the truck. I guess it all just feels right to me.

I'm sure he'd rather be doing something much much different, but for now, this is great.

~Lisa~

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

I'm glad it going well Lisa. Lifting all that is so exhausting. Ken will sometimes lift 2 tons of fertilizer in a day. If the hi lo is broke, he has to load it on his truck as well as fill his hopper. And he is just exhausted at night. So I can't imagine if he lifted as much as Al! That is a lot!

It is a great job! Recycling is earth friendly. :)

The other me said...

Oooh he'll have sexy big arms, can't beat a man with strong arms earned through hard work!! YEAY AL! SO glad this feels so right and you are so happy.