Wow. What a change a day can make. We are so very blessed, lucky, have horseshoes up our asses, whatever.
Wednesday night Frith called to offer a job to Al. They are LOCAL!! The pay isn't great to start. But, we'll be saving about $300 a month in gas, so hopefully it will even out in the end. He's going to take it!!! I am SO happy. Gonna be strange to tell people that my husband is a garbage man, but whatever. I'm so past that now. He's employed. That's all I care right now. Well, and that he's LOCAL!! I mean seriously, he could walk to the new job faster than it's taking him to drive to the towing place!! And the hours are steady!! He can call at 5 to tell me he's coming home, and then walk in the door 10 minutes later!! This is going to be sooo good for the kids!!! They love him so very much. You wouldn't believe the behaviours i get when they haven't seen him in awhile. Awful.. And then they turn into angels as soon as he walks in the door.
Yesterday when I was at work, Jenny asked me how everything was going. I was honest and said lousy. :) And then went on to explain that it looked like I would be needing to call the bank to beg their forgiveness on out loan payment this month. Which I was dreading. Jenny said she was sure they wouldn't mind, and that she had done it before, and then asked how much the loan payment was, so I told her(actually, I rounded down lol). And that was all that was said.
When I got home, I checked my email, and there, at the top off my unread messages, was an email money transfer from Jenny. For the entire amount of money I told her our payment was. With a note attached saying not to pay them back! I'm not talking a few dollars here. I am in soooo much shock. My pride told me don't accept it. But my bank account said different. I fully intend on paying her back. But I have a feeling she may not take it.
So, that's where we are now. Still broke, but happier all around. And so very blessed.
~Lisa~
Friday, September 08, 2006
Posted by MamaTink at 7:54 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree with Julie... Pay it forward. Be a blessing to someones life like Jenny was to yours! I'm so glad Al was able to find a job close to home with regular hours!!!!!! Woooohoooo for you guys! And I can NOT believe how old Jenna looks! She looks a lot like her mommy, eh?!
When Ken first started to work for Trugreen, it was owned by Waste Management. I didn't care, it was a job. And it still is. Any job is a good job Lisa. :) And yes, it will be nice to have Al come home at a decent hour. Yay for that!
And Jenny sounds so sweet. Such a kind thing to do. She did more than give you money. :) She is a friend.
YEAY!!!! I love the home time for Al, I love the gift from Jenny but if you pay her back that kind of takes away her blessings for helping you out...definately find someone to help out when you get the chance, keep that joy going!!
Great news.
That's awesome about Al's job!! WOOHOO! Close to home is amazing!
I bet you just cried when you saw what Jenny had done. She is a true friend and I know that when you get the chance, you're going to want to help someone else out that way.
It's amazing how when one person gives freely and generously, it blossoms, and in the end so much more has been collectively given than one person could ever do alone.
You are blessed indeed - we all are.
Post a Comment