A cousin of my George's and her family came over to Canada from Scotland for a vacation. We all decided it would be loads of fun to meet up at my Mom's to camp for the long weekend, and hang out with Janet, Stephen, Thomas and Stephanie. We had such a great time. They're a great family, and were really good sports about all the craziness that comes along with spending a weekend with all of us :)
Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but lucky for me, my Mom let me borrow hers. :) It's better than mine, so I didn't mind much. I just wish I had thought to ask her about using it the first night we were there. I would have gotten some really great shots from the campfire :) Oh well..
We played some hilarious games with the kids, AND the adults :) Firefighter, where the kids had to use water guns to extinguish birthday candles. This lasted longer than I thought it would. It's no easy task extinguishing a birthday candle with a water gun!! Then we did blindfolded balloon popping. the kids wrapped up the adults in toilet paper, like mummies, and we all had a very hilarious water balloon fight :) My Mom got me good :) I got her back though. HAHA We bent ourselves into pretzels, trying to step over a broomstick, and got cramps in our hands trying to hold too many clothespins :) The kids raced with clothespins between their knees, and tried to drop them into an old milk bottle.. and put on little skits that made us laugh until we almost peed :) We hammered nails into a log (I suck at that!)
We went fishing, but didn't catch anything. Aidan lost his hat, and Philicia dropped Damion's fishing pole off the bridge and had to go in to get it :) Jenna and I both got stung by something, but it wasn't too bad. I got great pictures from the trip to the river :)



The wine flowed and flowed and flowed :) That seems to be the trend with our camping weekends at my Mom's. I discovered a new wine while I was there..it's a semi-sweet red wine, and SO delicious!! It was a little bubbly, and light, and went down SO smooth. It was fabulous :) The stuff in the big tall bottle.
So, that was about it for camping. We went with my parents and brother to Every Kids Park in Orangeville Monday afternoon, but I haven't gotten those pictures from my Mom yet. After that we went over to visit with my Dad and Sister. And discovered that Aidan is a natural for Lacrosse :) So, I'll be looking into that next spring to sign him up :) He really loved it. I worry about him because he's so clumsy, but maybe this will help with that? :)
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
A-Camping we did Go!!
Posted by MamaTink at 7:08 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment