Being the middle child, I sometimes get the feeling that you're getting ripped off. That you don't get all the credit or attention you deserve. So this my son, is for you.
I was just downstairs doing laundry. Taking your clothes from the washer to the dryer. And I was not surprised to find a collection of small stones in the bottom of the washing machine. They brought a smile to my face. And today, instead of handing them back to you, or throwing them back outside, I looked at them. And I saw those stones in a different light. In the way that you must have seen them when you chose to add them to your collection. I saw the one that is solid, and brown, with darker brown spots on it. Much like the skin of the frogs you love so much. I saw the smooth flat black one, that had a solid deep dark black line running through it. It looked beautiful, and unique, like you. I saw the one that seemed ordinary, and gray...until I held it, and saw the way it glittered in the light. I saw the pink one, and I know in my heart that you chose it for your sister. I love that about you buddy.
I get more positive comments on you than I do your siblings (Shhh, don't tell them :)) I hear so often that people want to take you home with them, or want to see the world from your eyes, because you are so imaginative, and dramatic, and passionate about everything you do. I see the smiles on people's faces when you're acting silly in effort to impress someone, or get their attention. I know the way you work your way into their hearts, with your simple "Hi, my name's Aidan. And this is my sister Jenna, and my little brother Mason". It gets them every time. The way you would so willingly put your hand into the mother's of Jenna's friends when we would walk to school when you were little. People just seem to Get you, and accept you, and love you, no matter what you're or where we're going.
I hope that you always keep your passion...but I hope that you find a way to control your tears, because buddy...it's not going to work for you much longer :) I hope your spirit stays strong, and that you do great things in your life, because baby, if anyone can, it's going to be you. Keep practicing those hand stands, and try not to get too tired when you colour okay?? Because someday, I'd really love to see the kind of art you may create if you would just put your mind to it :) I'd love to hear a story that you write, because like your father, I think you'll be a brilliant author if you try :) Or maybe it's acting you'll excel at. You've always been the most expressive of the bunch :)
I may not save all the stones you bring home. But I will carry the memory of them. Thank you Aidan. You make the sun shine everywhere you go. And I am so blessed to be your Mommy.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Dear Aidan,
Posted by MamaTink at 3:04 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Lisa. How sweet! :)
Awww nothing like a good cry to start the morning!
Beautiful post.
HUGS
Julie
Wait, umm... someone else wants to take him home, too? I hope you haven't promised him to them as well as to me. Because, well, that's not cool. ;o)
Seriously though, that was sweet! Now I want him more!
Awww...
That's all. What a wonderful mommy you are :)
Post a Comment