CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Thrilled! And Stuff

Mason had school today. Both of his teachers made a point of searching me out and telling me what a wonderful day Mason had!! They even had a fire drill (Which, Hi! Coulda warned me!) and they both said he handled it really well!! Phew!! I am so happy that we were able to put him into pre-school. I just can't imagine him having to figure out this process with 20 other kids next year. Especially if the school is as disorganized next year as it was this year!

Speaking of that. I'm so grateful that Jenna and Aidan are so adaptable. Jenna was switched into a different class, a 1-2 split class (which she thinks is great, since she gets to be bossy to the grade ones :)), and I love because she has the same teacher as last year, and she's a brilliant teacher!! Aidan has had two different teachers, been switched from A days to B days, endured having 3 classes crammed together into 2 classrooms while they wait for the kindergarten portable to be brought in, and is so popular, that his best friend's Mom switched her son from a different day, and then to a different class so that he would be with Aidan! :) I can't imagine what a hell of a time the teachers are having right now, trying to keep up with everything, learning the names and then the new names, and having to deal with the shuffling of classrooms!

Our school is the over-flow school for Barrie. So we get kids from all over the city in order to make room for everyone. The big hassle this year is that the city decided to close one of the public schools, because it was going to cost too much to repair it, and bring it up to date. So we have all those kids at our school this year, until another school is built and ready for next year. crazy.

Also crazy is my week. Mason has school Monday and Wednesday, I have TWO cakes orders (one pretty big), and to top it all off, I took on a 1 year old in my daycare this week!! Now, he's a great baby, and totally cute, but his schedule is waaaaay different than ours, so it's gonna be a little difficult wither adapting to him, or having him adapt to us. I'm really hoping for the latter, since he'll be here 4 or 5 days a week! It's fun having a baby around again :) He fell asleep in my arms this afternoon. I miss that. I don't have the ache in my arms that I used to get when I wanted to have another baby of my own, but it definitely felt nice having him there :) Actually, it's his cake that I am making :) No pressure huh?! Talk about a test...here, care for my child, who is on a whacked schedule, pick up and drop off a gazillion other kids throughout the day, oh, and while you're at it, can you whip together one of these???


No pressure huh??

2 comments:

Julie Q said...

Can't wait to see your final product! :)

Wow to all the switching with the kids. I'm glad they are adjusting to it all.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

ohh that's one cute cake! Glad to hear the kids are settling in so well :)