YAY! Very exciting weekend here! Mason started calling me Mommy!! It's the cutest freakin' thing EVER! He always draws it out and says it very loudly, but I love love love it! I don't remember when Jenna and Aidan started calling me Mommy (:( ), so this is pretty awesome! He never really called me Mama...not for long anyway. He would stand halfway up the stairs, stick his face up against the posts, and shout MAMA! over and over, until I went to acknowledge that he wasn't supposed to be on the stairs, but that's it really :) He also said Daddy for the first time on Friday night!! Which is even bigger news, since I think in his entire life, he's said Dada exactly 3 times. Poor Al, he keeps trying and trying to get him to say it, but Mason refuses. He's such a determined boy!
Boy. That's really what he is now. He doesn't smell like a baby. He's losing most of his baby fat, looking very lean and muscled. He pushes trucks around, and hammers everything in sight. Even his voice sounds like a boy voice now! Actually, he sounds Exactly like Aidan did :) Should make the boys' daily phone calls home when they're away at college and married interesting at first :) He's certainly got the attitude of a little boy :) The good news is, when he feels like it, he's still a Great cuddly boy. And you should see him dance! He bounces up and down, spins around, throws his arms up and down, and shakes his head from side to side, it's GREAT!
He's gone 4-5 days without his soother now. So that stage of babyhood is over too. No more bottles, no more soother. Next will be the switch to a big boy bed(But not for awhile yet) and then the toilet training, and that's it. He'll be grown up :(
We took the kids tobogganing yesterday. Biggest friggin' hill Ever! But, man, the kids LOVED it. Even Mason, who I wasn't so sure about, but yep, he squealed in delight the entire way down the hill. Until the last run when the boys and I got body slammed by another Mom and her son. It's all good though, no one was hurt, and the kids still want to go again next week. Anyone wanna join us!? Seriously, it'll be good times!
Happy Monday everyone!
~Lisa~
2 comments:
Oh yes! Me Me Me! I love to go sledding! :) A closer drive would be to go up north at my parent's house, but it sounds like so much fun! I love the feeling of flying down the hill. I'm glad your family had so much fun!
I still think of Zachary as my baby and always will. Someday, he will seem grown up I'm sure. Not sure if it is because he's my last or because from the day he was born he had a deep sounding boyish cry or what. But, he still seems young to me. Perhaps it is the 20 year old we have around here? ;)
Awwww slow down little guy! Don't grow so darn fast please!
We'll definitely have to make a tobaganning trip up to see you soon!!!
Hugs
Julie
Post a Comment