CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 22, 2007

OH what a day...and night :)

I had quite the day yesterday!
I started out by rushing around in the morning to get the house cleaned up and then raced out the door to make my 9:30AM appointment to donate blood. I got there in good time, and relaxed. Here's where I provide you with a very helpful public service announcement. Never ever rush before you're about to donate blood. ever. Because what will happen is this, you'll get there, and you'll get through the screening process, then climb into the big cushy chair, and relax. Your body will slow down in such a hurray, that it will forget to stop slowing down. Which results in cold sweats, nauseousness, dizzyness and a tendancy to lose focus. Luckily, as I started feeling like that, I took a few deep breaths and got everything to settle long enough to get the whole litre out! YAY! 3 lives saved :) As the nurse was coming over to look at my progress and tell me that I was done, she looked up at me and asked if I was okay. I said i didn't think so, heard her say she needed help, and then everything went a little grey for a moment. SO scary!! I have NEVER passed out in my whole life. Ever! Luckily the nurses were AWESOME! They wiped me down with cool cloths, and got a fan on me right away. It was only a few minutes before I felt like myself again. But wow. I do NOT want to feel like that again!
Luckily the day got better from there! My Dad and step-mom came over to meet with yet another window company. Good news!! We're Finally getting new windows!!!!!! How excited am I!! All new windows upstairs! Right now the windows are wood frames, totally falling apart and with an R factor of about -98. Not good. :) The house is going to look so pretty when we're done :) I bet Al and I stand at the windows feeling for air leaks for days after they're installed :) Al says it's going to be so quiet in here that we won't be able to sleep :) I might even forget about my plan to give the nieghbours yappy dog a poison steak for barking all damn night! Just kidding...i would never!
After my Dad left, we went down to the back yard to have a BBQ with our tenant and his fiancee! I'm liking them more and more. I think because they remind me so much of Al and I when we were just starting out :) And they're totally sarcastic and teasers like me :)
After dinner we sat around and gabbed for awhile and laughed at Aidan as he pretended to be Spiderman and hung from my lilac bush :) Karen came over and invited C and I for drinks later. So I hurried and put the kids to bed and off we went :) Man...I laughed SO hard the whole time we were there. Especially as I tried to explain over and over what my attraction to House was about. I don't think they got me...but whatever, I'm still in lust with him :) I had way too much drink, and an awesome time. And decided C is totally awesome :) I'm not the best at making new friends, but this was just easy :) She's great. And so close! :)
So that was my Saturday :) Pretty awesome. Hope yours was too!
~Lisa~

0 comments: