CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

An accident waiting to happen!!

If I had a dollar for every time I had heard that about myself, well..I would probably have enough for that pilates class. But really, it's so true.

This past winter was no exception. I fell down the stairs, while holding Mason. I fell in the driveway no less than half a dozen times. I tripped UP the stairs. It was awful. I also re-broke my tailbone doing pilates, and tobogganning.

2 weeks ago I was heading into the bathroom, I opened the door, which banged off of the front door, which was stuck on the carpet runner, I, oblivious to all this apparently, kept walking, right into the edge of the bathroom door!! Which left a lovely bruise on my forehead.

Last week I whacked my thumb, and have NO idea how I did it!! But I must have hit it awfully hard, because it swelled up and turned purple right away, and I still have a lovely bruise! I also stood up in the bathroom after helping one of the boys get his pants pulled up...and whacked my shoulder off the towel bar. That too left a lovely sore bruise on my shoulder!

And then Yesterday!! Cory and Aidan were fighting by the front door, just after we got back from the school. I was in the kitchen and took off running, since they were pummeling each other. Lucky me, went around the corner..in my shoes..and my feet came out from under me. Boom!! down I went. I thought for awhile that I had broken my little toe, but I think now that it's just sprained. Lovely shade of purple though!! In the fall I also hit the same bruised shoulder, my head, and my wrist!! I never do things in a small way apparently :)

Seriously though..what the heck is wrong with me?? Why can I not keep myself from bouncing off the walls, and keeping my feet firmly planted on the floor?? Man, I need some double sided tape or something..and I should probably look into padding the walls around here :)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh dear Lisa - I hope your toe feels better soon!
If it's any consolation - I have a giant bruise on my thigh that I have no idea how I got!
A padded room right now sounds kind of nice.....

Julie Q said...

Oh ouch Lisa!

Whenever I do something like that, I always rethink it. Like, why didn't I slow down?! It doesn't do any good though.

Anonymous said...

awk! why didn't you tell me you were back??? ok now I have to go read every thing (will have to wait until I get back from the school)

HUGS