So, you all know the saying, "The Lazy Days Of Summer" right?? I am realllllly looking forward to trying to apply that!! Spring for us is just noon-stop. It's birthday season around here. Ready??
May 5 - My Dad
May 6 - My Uncle Roy
May 11 - Friend Christine (Also Mother's day!!)(Alsoi my Mom is coming to visit!!)
May 18 - Nephew Dustin, Mikayla (from my daycare)
May 19 - Aunt Kathy
May 20 - My Step Mother
June 7 - My BIL Dale
June 12 - My Grandma in England
June 14 - My brother Kenny
June 15 - Father's Day
June 16 - Was Al's Grandmas, I usually try to plan something though
June 18 - My brother Brian
June 21 - My friend Dave
June 23 - Chloe (JJBB's cute pie punkin face :))
June 25 - Jenna
July 6 - My Mom!!
July 7 - my nephew Ryan
DUDE!! Could we cram any more in there?! Now, to be honest we don't celebrate all of this with big brew-haha's, but they all deserve to be acknowledged!! I'm doing the cake for Mikayla's party which is today. Cinderella. I'm not thrilled with it :( Should have practiced the eyes before I went all gung-ho and did them on the cake...but I
m trying to tell myself that she's 6, and I gave her Mom and discount since we're friends...and who's a worse critic of myself than me right?? But it still bugs me :( So, a not to all my future cake orderers...I can do animal eyes just fine...wouldn't you love a bunny instead of Ariel?? :)
My step-mom is turning 60 this year. So my sister and I are planning a surprise party for her. I wanted to make the cake...my Sister kyboshed that :( She wants to get a cake from Sobey's so they can put the picture on it. Great idea...but cakes are my thing, and I totally had this great White Forest cake idea...with a french vanilla cake, white chocolate frosting, sliced strawberry filling, white chocolate curls on the top, and whole strawberries. It was going to be sooo pretty :) Oh well...maybe I'll make it for my Mom :) I mean, my Sister knows her Mom better than I do. Maybe Marilyn has said she doesn't like my cakes. Whatever. I guess it gives me more time to browse around party packagers :) Heart that store.
Jenna's party plan is coming along :) A picnic party this year. I was humming and hawing (Or is it hemming and hawing??) over what to do for her cake. I was going to do a picnic basket, but it seemed too grown up for a 7 year old. After looking online for different ideas, I think she and I have decided on a watermelon cake :) There are so many ways to do them, so now the hard part is deciding which angle for the cake :) We're going to hold it at a park this year.. My back yard just isn't big enough to contain 10 screaming 6-7 year olds :) I'm sure I'll be recieving thank you notes and gift baskets from my nieghbours too :) But don't get me started on the party planning..that deserves a post all on it's own :) More to come..I promise :)
Okay, off to give Cinderella some hair :) Love to you all!!
Lisa
Saturday, May 10, 2008
It's Go Time
Posted by MamaTink at 5:56 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Would love to see the Cinderella cake! I am my own worst critic when I make cakes. By the way, I love Cinderella!
The picnic theme is very cute and perfect for Summer.
And that cake you described sounds so yummy! Now I want cake!
Awwww I'm honoured that Chloe's in your list :)
Chloe heard us talking about the party and now insists on having hers in the park too... so if you want to brainstorm ideas let me know :)
So far I've got:
Tug of War
3 legged race
obstacle course
I'm thinking of doing lady bug or ant cupcakes ... (hope you don't mind if we stole your idea!)
Hugs
and Happy Mother's Day!
I LOVE the idea of the cupcakes!!! Hmm...now I might be stealing Your idea!! :)
My other ideas were a scavenger hunt (sticks, acorns, rocks bugs etc...OR dollar store bugs/picnic/garden items)
I'm going to ask the mom's to let me know their child's favourite sandwich, so I can have them pre-made for the party. I'm going to get each girl a sandpail, and pack a sandwich, carrot/cucumber sticks and a KoolAid Jammer in each sandpail. Easy lunch, and part of their favour. Then I found these cute foam stickies at walmart that are a picnic theme!! Bugs and stuff, in girly picnic colours. After lunch I am going to toss them out, and let the kids decorate their sandpails.
Egg and spoon race might be fun :) (With hard boiled eggs!! LOL...can you imagine?!)
I think that's all I've got for now :) It's a fun theme isn't it?? I'm so thrilled that Chloe likes it too :)
Post a Comment