Okay, it's probably going to seem kinda ridiculous, especially since I have to wait until July...But!! We are getting a Nintendo Wii!! AND the Wii Fit!!!
I've Never been a gamer. I remember when I was about 10 or 11, my best friend Pam got an NES. As in the original, basic, mario brothers save the princess NES. I thought it was pretty cool. But I wasnt very good at it :) I flung the cable when I wanted my Luigi to Jump. I rocked to the side in racing games. It was probably hilarious to watch :) But I don't really remember ever feeling an over powering desire to have one of my own.
And in High school, when friends were getting PlayStations, and Gameboys, I wasn't interested. I've never in my life played a Playstation game. Only held a Gameboy once or twice when my nephew let go of his deathgrip on his. Never played Xbox or seen an Xbox360. Though I hear they are fabulous.
However...when I heard about the Nintendo Wii..I was instantly intrigued for some reason. I mean, it gets you Up! You can box, and play tennis, and baseball. Hell, I can learn how to Golf with the Wii!! Something I've recently considered. And now, with the Wii Fit available!?! I can do Yoga, improve my bamance, and do strength training!! I can even Jog! All with a little character that looks just like me!! (Actually, it's a Mii :))
I'm not at all trying to will away June, since it's a big month around here, but dammit, I wish July would hurry the heck up!! I wanna Wii!!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Getting a Wii!!!!
Posted by MamaTink at 8:21 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The Wii Fit does looks interesting, especially the balance board that you can also use with the skiing game ;) The girls got a Wii for Xmas from the grandparents and love to play & trade games with their friends (hint: your favorite video store also rents out Wii games, so try before you buy!)
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
B.Sc. Geog U.of C. '92
Pharm Tech RDC '06
We wanted to get a Wii for the kids for Christmas last year. None to be found! Been keeping my eyes open for one even still and haven't seen any.
Ah well. Maybe by next Christmas? :)
Enjoy it! I've never been a gamer either. But the Wii does look like fun.
Hey! We have a Wii! Ryan got one the day they were first released. It's definitely a lot of fun and even 18 months later, they're still so popular that they're sold out everywhere. Ryan also got the Wii Fit last week on its release day. He had to line up at Future Shop with 50 other people before it opened, and he was the last person to get one! It's a lot of fun, but beware - it told Ryan he's OBESE (he's overweight, but nowhere near obese!). Haha. ;o)
Post a Comment