CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Frustrated

My best friend is taking advantage of me..I think..

2 months ago, K asked to borrow my pads until she could get her own the next day. When I got my period, I went to get them back, and there was one left. She never offered to replace them. On the Webkinz Extravaganza day, she asked me to get a Webkinz for her son while we were getting some for Jenna and Aidan. She still hasn't paid me for it. 2 weeks ago, she asked to borrow my pads again! Yesterday when I needed them back, there was only 2 left. (I was smart and said, "Well, that's one more than you left me last month!") Last week, we were going to go 'together' to get pizza for lunch. I was the only one that paid. Last week she borrowed my pancake syrup. This morning when I went to get it back there was Hardly enough for us to use on our pancakes.

Granted, when I went to get the syrup this morning, she saw that I was annoyed that there wasn't enough left, and she said "If there's not enough, I'll go to the store now and get you some" I said nevermind, and left. About 15 minutes into breakfast, she rang the doorbell, handed Mason a bag and left (SO not normal behaviour for her, we have had an open door policy with each other for about 4 years now!!). In the bag was a package of pads and pancake syrup.

So, I don't know if I'm over-reacting. Obviously, I'm menstral, and probably a bit sensitive this week (Sorry!!) but still!! It seems to be that she's taking advantage of me!! I don't know what to say to her though. I mean, obviously, I'm not going to be lending her things for awhile. But we're best friends. With the lovely benefit of living right next door to each other. Makes it convienient to be borrowing and lending and such. Seems like it's only going one way though. And it's getting tiring. Especially when it's stuff that we obviously need!!

I just don't know what to say to her. I'm awful at confrontation. She wrote on her facebook status that she "thinks people should just say what's on their minds" I am VERY positive it was intended for me.

Ugh..I just don't know where to go with this..any ideas??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand where you're coming from. (Been there, done that!) But, the bonus of someone being your best friend is that they aren't going to leave you just because you're upset about something!

I would give her a call and say, "thanks for the syrup and pads - I really appreciate you replacing the things you borrowed." Then, change the subject and start talking about something else. (You can add "since we're sort-of low on cash right now" if you want - it may make your point a bit more!)

She'll understand you weren't happy about it and that'll be that!

(This has worked for me with my best friend!)

MamaTink said...

Thanks Anonymous :) She came over this morning, and we talked about it a bit. I think we're all good now.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Oh I'm glad you got it all worked out :)

I don't think its about how much you give or how much you get back, it's more about being appreciated and her borrowing leaving you short when you needed something.

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

ok can I just point out the irony of someone writing that they "thinks people should just say what's on their minds" as their status message on Facebook instead of actually going to you and saying what's on her mind??? sorry.. that one got me.

The other me said...

Lisa, next time I would maybe hand her a couple of pads to last her til she gets to the store or put enough syrup in a bowl etc, rather than hand ovet the whole pack/bottle but I hope you managed to say what was on your mind ( but how funny that she wrote that on her FB!) and cleared the air, its so hard when you are very close to a neighbour because when you hit a bad time it SUCKS! Hope all is happy back in your street.