Are probably okay. Maybe. I took my list of symptoms to my doctor today. He put little stars beside a few of the things on my list. Then pushed on my tummy a bit (well, not my tummy really, but you know what I mean :)). We sat back at the desk, and he said he thought that my hormones could be a bit unbalanced. I said hmm... that's not what my internet self-diagnosis told me :) He laughed, and I admitted that I probably shouldn't be allowed to use the internet for medical reasons :) Anyway, he asked what the internet diagnosed me with, and I told him that I had a lot of the symptoms associated with uterine fibroids. He thought about it a bit, and looked at my list again, and then said I could be right. He doesn't think that's it, but agreed to order an ultrasound to rule fibroids out. Which makes me feel better. He also ordered some blood tests to check my hormone levels, and has put me back on the pill for two months, and then I'll go back and report on if there's been any changes.
I'm relieved to be getting somewhere with this, and happy that I didn't accept his diagnosis as the be all and end all of the treatment. Also, Al was able to decipher what my Dr. had written on the ultrasound req. It said dysmenhorrhea. Which after some quick research means painful cramps. BUT!! There's some sort of "secondary" dysmenhorrhea...which can be caused by fibroids! So, I may still be onto something. But if not, well, that's probably a good thing :)
Monday, October 20, 2008
The girlie bits
Posted by MamaTink at 3:50 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment