CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

Straaange things are happenin'..

(Toy Story fans will get that :))

There's some big things going on over in my neck of the woods. And both scare me, for profoundly different reasons.

First, we're about 1 step away from buying this house from my Dad (Well, actually the mortgage..it's a long..complicated, story). And in the process, paying off our new van and a loan we took out to pay for Al's student loans. I've been an unofficial homeowner for 2 years.. but this is for real for real. It's scary to go from the small amount of debt we had, to this huge amount, but at least it's good debt! And, we'll be in a position where if we don't want to rent the apartment, we won't have to. Although, I have a lot of renovations in mind for the house, and the apartment would pay for those no problem...so I imagine we'll keep it rented for a year or so.

The other thing is still a bit of a mystery. I've got some stuff going on, with my inner girly bits. I've done a tonne of internet self-diagnosing, and I think I know what's going on, but without seeing my doctor, won't know for sure. The solution could be as simple and being on birth control pills for the rest of my life(not too scary), or it could mean a hysterectomy (way scary), and there's a bunch of other options in between those two. Either way, I'm ready to start feeling normal again. I wrote out the list of my symptoms to take to my doctor (I go Monday afternoon), and as I was writing, it scared me how long the list was getting, but hopefully it just helps my doctor to pinpoint what's going on in there. That's all I know right now. Just that, something isn't right, and if it's the something I think it is...there are ways to fix it. I'm adopting Al's, "Don't worry until there's something to worry about attitude" on this one :) I promise to update when I can.

3 comments:

Julie Q said...

Congrats on the house! :) I hope it all goes through smoothly Lisa. :)

I will keep you in my thoughts until you update on you!

Anonymous said...

Yay on the house!!! that's so scary and exciting. I remember clearly how TERRIFIED I was when we bought this one.

As for your girlie bits.. I sure hope it's nothing serious! Keeping you in my thoughts!

Jackie said...

What wonderful news about the house. How scary about your body. Ugh. I hope you are able to have a "quick", painless resolution!!