CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1 week

As much as I love BNL, this post isn't about them :)

1 more week until school starts. I'm not really sure how I feel about that! Since my kids have been in school, I haven't had the opportunity to be with them full time in the summer. I've always worked part time. So we would have our afternoons and evenings. But never all day every day. I will admit that at the beginning of the summer, I was kinda dreading it. I was terrified that they would be bored by the second week of July, and I would be counting down the days until they went back to school. But until I realized we only had a couple weeks left together, it never really crossed my mind. I'm probably weird that way...because I read a few other blogs and the Mom's are definitely on a serious countdown.

I think maybe I have an advantage by doing home daycare. Almost every day the kids had a friend over to play with. And on the days they didn't, those were the days we headed out to visit friends, or went to the library, or the beach. So we didn't get to any amusement parks, or the zoo (maybe Saturday!), or grand adventures this summer. What we did do was relaxing, and fun, and together. We searched out some new parks in town, we walked the neighbourhood, and had picnics in the yard. We had water fights, and I put bubbles in the pool. We painted with water, discovered slime, and made butterflies with our feet. We watch the metamorphosis of caterpillars. We napped :)

Next week it's going to be so weird here. The Pace will have to speed up, lunches to make, kids to walk to and from school. Jenna will be gone all day, Aidan every other day. C is going into JK, so I'll only have him a couple days a week. I am getting a 1 year old at the end of September, so that will certainly stir things up! But other than that, it'll just be me, Mason, and M, another 3 year old. All summer it's been my 3 kids, and 1-3 other kids every day.

The time goes too fast once kids get into school. Mason is going to JK next year, and I am going to be absolutely lost without him :( Especially since new legislation is coming in to make Kindergarten all day every day starting next September. I don't have much time left with my baby.

Back to school kinda sucks I think.

2 comments:

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I confess I 'm one of those get them to school asap moms. course S and C fight like cats and dogs all the time! GAH.

Glad to hear you had a great summer tho!

Julie Q said...

Back to school does suck, for the most part.

I think the older they get, the more they need it for something to do!

I'd keep Z home with me forever if I could. ;)