CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

wondering..

So, I was really trying not to turn this blog into a "Oh no, there's something wrong with my baby, and now that's all I can think about" kinda of blog...but really, nothing else blog-worthy is really happening.

But after reading Julie Bo bolie's comment about the video's of Mason, I'm wondering something. I'm wondering if Mason's speech is worse that I am admitting. I seem to forget to take into account that I'm his Mommy, and I'm with him 24/7...so I of course would be able to better understand what he's saying.

I had started to think that on the Apraxia front, he maybe wasn't so bad, and that with some more intensive therapy, that he wouldn't take long to become more understandable. But then...I watch that video and try to take myself out of it, and listen to the sounds Mason is making, and think, hmm.. Julie's right. I haven't a Clue as to what he would be saying.. if it wasn't for the fact that he was pointing to the pictures in a book, I probably wouldn't understand him.

So, I'm back to doom and gloom. In a small way this time though :) As I buckled him into his car seat after the beach today, he looked at me and said, "There, that's perfect!" :) ("Dare, dax perpet") and it made me smile. Which he does so often, despite his mischief making ways :)

Beyond Mason though...my friend's daughter has Cerebral Palsy. And Epilepsy, and and and... These past few days have been just awful for Laney, as she has been seizuring constantly, day and night. Judy took Laney to the ER today, and Laney has gone into Epileptic shock. Not cool. So, if you could just keep Laney in your thoughts, I'm sure we would all appreciate it.

1 comments:

Julie Q said...

Ah, yes, will surely keep Laney in my thoughts Lisa.

You are a great Mom Lisa. :) Mason sounds like he is trying to make those sounds. I'm no expert, but I know that is a good sign.