Yep! It's my BIRTHDAY!! Big ole 26 today. Seems weird. I liked being 25. It's a good number. Not too far from 20 to start feeling like I should be dreading 30, and not to close to 30 to be worried about aging. :) Not that I am dreading 30, because I'm really not...I just can't imagine being old enough to BE 30 LOL. Anyway...
I convinced Al to take the day off today :D He had worked 12 days in a row...I figured it was time for a break! And what better day than today? Of course for some stupid reason HE is still in bed and I am up with Jenna...but whatever, I'll get a nap later...I hope.
My Dad is coming today. He BUILT me the Ikea Trofast stoage unit for my kids! I'm SO excited to see it!!!
We had my Mom's side of the family over yesterday to celebrate Christmas together. I was stressing big time, but, as always, everything went fine!! There was SOOO much food!! I wish we had gotten a picture of it. But two tables of food!!! For only 15 people. And I actually FORGOT to put out the Scalloped Potatoes that I was up at 11:30 getting in the crock pot. I also FORGOT the salad AND the mixed veggies. Not too sure where my head was?? But they weren't missed too much! THAT's how much food there was! LOL
We got my grandpa a cool knick knack(Hmm...is there a "K" in those words...?) it was a railway tie with a pewter train on the top...he Loved it!!! I honestly can't say i have ever seen him so excited over a gift before...he's IMPOSSIBLE to buy for. I got my grandma a pretty glass pendant on a silver chain. She raved about it to everyone. She too is impossible to buy for!
My Grandma gave me a porcelain doll for my birthday :) I'll have to take a picture of her later. When we were little, we used to go with my grandma when she was cleaning houses sometimes. No big deal, we were usually pretty good kids. Well, this one time we took a couple of the dolls she had made to play with. We PROMISED not to take them out of the house...well, the tempatation was too much(I think we were 6 and 3??) and off we went, it was such a beautiful summer's day. And, of course, we were careless and one of the dolls got broken...although, I seem to remember that it was my Brother that broke her. Whatever. My Grandma got her fixed for me :) She's beautiful!!! She's called Dream Baby, but for some reason, I have always called her April. I'll have to ask grandma why.
My Mom and George gave me Tinker Bell PJ's!!! I looove them!!! So cool :) And my aunt Karen gave me some stinky bath stuff. LOL Like a mother of three has TIME for a luxurious soak in the tub! HA. She's a terrible gift giver :)
Well, The family is stirring, I'd better be off. Hope you all have a great day :)
~Lisa~
Monday, December 05, 2005
Happy Birthday to ME!!
Posted by MamaTink at 7:46 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Lisa! :)
I've done that before with big meals too. Forgot to put out a dish or two.
It sounds like it was a nice day. :) And the storage unit looks very nice.
Happy B'day Lisa!
Hope you have a relaxing day with no cooking involved! Great job on the gifts for those hard to buy people - it's a real challenge. Off to take out those shortbread cookies before they burn (or I will have to eat all the evidence!)
Shauna (murgatr)
dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02
HAPPY BIRTHDAY - you young thing you!!
Way to go on scoring great presents for those difficult to buy for people!! Sounds like you had some really neat gifts too.
Hope your birthday is super special today!! Maybe you'll even get a chance to use those luxurious bath soaps LOL ;)
Post a Comment