CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Things are good :)

We went to My George's side of the family's Christmas party yesterday. It was actually a good time. My cousin Sherri wasn't half as annoying as in years past. I guess motherhood softened her somehow. And the fact that we have a lot more in common now. I was actually excited to see her there :) It was nice. Her mother, Barb, on the other hand...just as annoying as always LOL...there's one in every family. It's always a pot luck dinner...Barb brought Squid Ink pasta(I kid you not, it was Black!) and some Nasty seafood marinara sauce. EW! Blech blech blech!!!! I mean seriously, we're all Macaroni and cheese kind of people. And I really am seriously considering taking a couple boxes of KD next year. :) Why not right??

Al has decided to take an unbelievable offer of a new job. I don't have a lot of time to go into details right now, but it's a great offer :) He won't be driving a tow truck anymore!! He'll be (GET THIS!) Operations Manager for a transport leasing company!! Overseer of many departments, and about 12 employees!! this is a chance of a lifetime! He's scared, but I KNOW that my husband is going to KICK ASS in this job!!!! He so deserves it. AND THEY HAVE BENEFITS!!!!!!

We're off to my Dad's house today. Another Christmas party. I can't wait to see what they got us...I have a feeling it's a carpet cleaner! WOOHOO! LOL...I'll keep you updated.

Oh! I forgot, I got my hair cut and coloured on Thursday. It's taking some getting used to. I always tuck my hair behind my ears, and one side is a bit too short for that. But i do like it...as does my husband, who has said for Years that he wants me to have short hair :) Here's a pic...although not a great one :)


Aidan got a haircut too! I like it MUCH better!! Seriously, how cute is this boy?!


Okay, I'm so running behind now :) Better go run through the shower before I loose my chance!

Love and Hugs,
~Lisa~
P.s. Things are ALL good. My best friend/neighbour Karen's Dad had a stroke yesterday. He's paralyzed down one side, and is going to be in the hospital for awhile. I wouldn't mind some prayers going thier way right now. I can't imagine having a loved one in the hospital over christmas. His name is Roderick. Thanks!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on DH's new job offer - sounds like it's meant to be. Love the new hair Lisa - it's a great color for you. I haven't had to meet up with the annoying family members yet, but I'm sure my turn is coming (DH's 93 year old Grandma is the usual entertainment). Have fun at your party!

Shauna (murgatr)

dd 11/22/98
dd 6/27/02

Julie Q said...

I hope the new job works out well for Al! That is one of the major reasons my hubby stays where he is. They have great benefits. They truly help day to day life go easier.

I like your new haircut. Very cute! :)

Your boy is very cute. :)

Jenn said...

That's awesome news about Al's new job!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!
I love your hair do, and Aidan's too - Is that Mason in the pic with you? It doesn't look like him - Love those cheekers!
The squid salad sounds really kind of disgusting. I would have claimed a seafood allergy right then and there, and I always keep a box of KD in the van - just in case ;)

Prayers for Karen's Dad.

MamaTink said...

Shauna - Good luck with the Grandma!! They;re always fun! LOL

Julie Q Thanks for the compliments :)

Jenn - Yep, That's Mason!! He's really changing a lot lately :) And he's huge too!!

~Lisa~