CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Mom who saved Christmas.

My mom that is!! She called me Monday night and invited me down to her place so that we could do a HUGE amount of CHRISTMAS BAKING Together!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

It took all day, but we laughed together, we cringed together(when Jenna was covered from head to feet in flour), we figured out what was wrong with my shortbread together(Not enough flour). We mixed and poured and decorated and drizzled.

We made so many memories.

And the treats....

Shortbread(Which Aidan helped me decorate..."Pinkle Pinkle Pinkle" he said with each one :))
Nanaimo Bars
Rocky Road Bars
White Chocolate fudge
5 Minute Fudge
Peanut butter rice Krispies
Gum drop cookies
Chocolate surprise squares
Magic Squares.
Oh! And Jenna made and decorated Gingerbread cookies. :)

Quite the impressive list eh? We've decided to make it a yearly tradition. Next year she'll come and mess up my kitchen with me.

I will never be able to convey how grateful I am for my mom :)

~Lisa~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So um...
Yeaaaaaaah I'm hungry. ;)
That's so wonderful that you were able to go do that!
-Jes

Julie Q said...

Sounds like so much fun Lisa! :) I miss stuff like that, living so far away from my Mom. I do hope my kids grow up and want to share in stuff like that though. :)

Jenn said...

mmmmmmm I'm coming over to your place!!! ;)

Yay for moms!!